problem i need a remedy - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-12-2003, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

problem i need a remedy

allrighty here it goes...my bike is parked in my appartment and after riding it one of my roomates has a keen sense of smell and he says that it smells the fumes from my bike....allrighty is there anything i can do to stop the fumes?
i figured that it is the exhaust can that the smell was comming from natuarally since carbon debris lingers in there....it isnt a gas smell just a exhaust smell....well i put a plastic bad on the end of the can to stop further esther escaption. anyway does anyone know of anything i can do so that the smell isnt there anymore....

btw my roomie has allergies and burning a scented candle is a no go....thanks for all the help i dont want my girl to be sleeping outside
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-12-2003, 10:35 PM Thread Starter

i have an idea......throw a sheet on top of the bike...then special make with visquene and duct tape cover for it....then make the cover go down to the floor and place towels all around the bottom and then hang a couple pine tree air fresheners off the hndle bars and then i should be smeel free eh? and if my roomie can still smell it then i think he has a problem, lol

Last edited by AudioSolstice; 10-12-2003 at 10:37 PM.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2003, 12:13 AM

Quote:
throw a sheet on top of the bike...then special make with visquene and duct tape cover for it....then make the cover go down to the floor and place towels all around the bottom and then hang a couple pine tree air fresheners off the hndle bars and then i should be smeel free eh?
just buy a decent fitted cover for it, they go on pretty tight and are water proof so no smell will get through.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2003, 08:10 AM Thread Starter

thanks buddy.....i threw a sheet over it and covered the exahust and this morning there was no smell...so i will get a cover pretty soon
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2003, 08:16 AM

do not get a cheap cover, make sure it has the fire proof botom section, if it costs less then 50 bucks then something may be wrong. without the bottom piece, it may melt to your exhaust.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2003, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

allrighty man i will make a note of that...you think that the cover will get rid of the smeel for sure?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2003, 02:02 PM

will it stop it no, will it block it yes
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2003, 02:13 PM

will it stop it no, will it block it yes
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2003, 02:47 PM
jab

Tell him to take his panties off and shoot some Test for a couple weeks, then maybe he wont be such a p***y. Tell him Martha Stewart has a nice home here on MDI if that would suit his needs and be a more gentle environment for him and his fragile existance!!!!!!!!!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2003, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

lol..yeah he is a sissy boy...my other roomie could care less....he just likes to bich i think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode