Sad News - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-09-2003, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

Sad News

From the local paper:

6:30 p.m. Oct. 4, Sinclair Road and Freeway Drive: Police reported 16-year-old Curtis Klingbiel, of 5209 Roche Drive, died at the scene of a motorcycle-car accident. Police said Klingbiel was riding a motorcycle south on Sinclair when an Acura Integra going north on Sinclair tried to turn left into Ramson Square, a shopping center. Klingbiel's motorcycle hit the right front corner of the Acura, then fell to the pavement. The Minerva Park medic unit responded and pronounced Klingbiel dead at 2:01 p.m., police said. Klingbiel was wearing a helmet at the time of the accident. Police have filed no charges in this, the 40th auto fatality of 2003 in Columbus. They said they were continuing their investigation.

A couple of things make this particular story painful on a personal level. (1) This kid lived in my neighborhood and I saw him riding all the time. He always had a helmet on and I never saw him ride like a squid; he had a Rebel 250 that he was just learning how to ride and he always looked happy on his bike. (2) Tuesday, on the local radio station, his younger brother called in and requested the DJ play "So Far Away" from Staind for his brother who had just died. He was all choked up and could barely speak. It was enough to make you weep. I feel really sad whenever I think about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-09-2003, 09:44 PM

damn, its sad he never got to experience the true art of biking, sigh, i hope i wont go through the same thing when i start riding.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-09-2003, 10:02 PM

Unfortunately living is gamble & sometimes things go against even those that try their best.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-2003, 03:26 AM
Strength and Honor

It's always a sad day when a prospective long-time rider passes on. Sorry to hear about our loss.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-2003, 11:21 AM

Sorry to hear of your loss...
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-2003, 11:36 AM
Founder

Shit.

Columbus is my "Home Town where I grew up" and while all motorcycle deaths hit me hard, this one hits a little closer to home.

Rest in peace Curtis.

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-2003, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Police have filed no charges in this, the 40th auto fatality of 2003 in Columbus
the guy hit him while turning, should be his fault.

the 40th death, while all death is sad, 40 in october is really not much at all, I would think here in ft.lauderdale we reached that in january
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-2003, 01:36 PM

So sad.

What a sad story. That really sucks!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-11-2003, 07:28 PM

I never knew the guy, but still, this story hits me hard for some reason. I'm dling So Far Away right now...I think this site should have sort of a section dedicated to fallen riders; perhaps a section where you could post a photo of the individual and a little memorandum, everyone could put in a good word about the person, or a heartfelt message...anyone agree?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-11-2003, 07:35 PM

Unhappy

RIP Curtis Klingbiel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode