Helmet in College? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-08-2003, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

Helmet in College?

Wut up,
Do you guys walk around with a helmet in your hand in high school or college? I am going to ride my motorcycle to college tommorow and was wondering If I would look kind of strange walking with a helmet through the hallways.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-08-2003, 02:57 PM
jab

I would recomend having the admin office hold it for you during the day, or have a teacher put it under their desk for the day. They should be concered enough with that brain of yours to do it for you seeings how they have dedicated their lives to expanding it!! Although carrying it around probably isnt a bad idea either, might even work better than the puppy trick
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-08-2003, 03:10 PM

Hey! I just posted to this thread in another forum... spam poster!!!! j/k.

If the only reason you ask is because you think you might look weird carrying it, carry it. If people don't understand it's a safety issue, they are yuppies... like this smilee!

P.S. Chicks dig bikes!

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-08-2003, 03:19 PM

I carry mine to class every day, jacket too.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-08-2003, 03:21 PM

I still go to high school and ride my bike there when itís warm. I park in the autoshop and leave my bike in there because I trust that my auto teacher wouldnít let anything happen to my bike or my gear. But for the very few occasions when my auto teacher was not at school and I rode my bike there, I parked in the senior parking lot and I carried my helmet around with me and put it on a empty desk close to me or under my seat. I havenít had anything but positive comments about my bike at school except for the usual elderly teachers giving me the bikes are dangerous speech .

Last edited by wheelieboy; 10-08-2003 at 03:25 PM.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-08-2003, 03:29 PM
Strength and Honor

Quote:
Originally posted by wheelieboy
<snip>except for the usual elderly teachers giving me the bikes are dangerous speech .
It doesn't end in high school, either. Some girlfriends, fiances, and wives will give you the same speech repeatedly. In fact, I've gotten the speech from about 4 people immediately following my recent rear-ending. Ah, the penalty for the addiction.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-08-2003, 04:44 PM

carry it if you can, it's a great ice bracker.

James.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-08-2003, 06:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
I cary mine around campus all the time. Don't worry about it.

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-08-2003, 06:14 PM

My last year of college, I carried my helmet with me every single day. It came in handy, sometimes. Like when I had to wait in the hall for a class, or a professor or something, it made a great seat.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-08-2003, 07:14 PM

I met a great riding buddy, one of my professors at college, because I carried my skid-lid to class. 20 years later, we still see each other occasionally at the races at Sears or Laguna Seca.

My wife was quite fond of the leather jacket...we met in college

Cheers!

Kev

Our greatest challenge in life is living up to our own potential.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode