Nicky on Pole - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-04-2003, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Nicky on Pole

For a little while anyway Should be a good race tomorrow

The pole was held at one time or another by Repsol Honda’s Nicky Hayden, his best ever performance, however temporary, backed up by a solid fifth in the end, Telefonica MoviStar Honda’s Sete Gibernau, the overnight pole man, Pramac Honda Pons’ Makoto Tamada, and Repsol Honda’s Valentino Rossi. But it was the Roman Biaggi who took the spot in the final seconds with a lap of 1:47.696.

Final Qualifying:

1. Max Biaggi (Honda) 1:47.696

2. Makoto Tamada (Honda) 1:47.804

3. Valentino Rossi (Honda) 1:48.030

4. Sete Gibernau (Honda) 1:48.457

5. Nicky Hayden (Honda) 1:48.618

6. Loris Capirossi (Ducati) 1:48.695

7. Carlos Checa (Yamaha) 1:48.767

8. Alex Barros (Yamaha) 1:48.780

9. Marco Melandri (Yamaha) 1:48.882

10. Troy Bayliss (Ducati) 1:48.964
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-07-2003, 09:19 AM

Thumbs up

Yea I heard about that. Sweet. And they wondered if Nicky deserved that HRC ride. Well, granted he may not have, but gotta have an American in GPs other than Colin Edwards who knows what he's doing. Roberts Jr? Shee... lucked out with his 2000 GP title. Hopkins, well he's DQd for the last race. Edwards is riding his a$$ off on that Cube and it just ain't working yet.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-07-2003, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

I would like to see all of our boys on competitive equipment. I feel at least 3 out of the 4 of them have major talent and with competitive equipment would be right up front.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-07-2003, 05:51 PM

Well that's what makes MotoGP that entertaining. It's the pinnacle of the sport and sometimes choices such as sticking with a tire manufacturer because you've tested with them is a good idea.... and sometimes it isn't. Edwards was given a 211V ride on the Pramac team with Bridgestone tires and didnt' want to leave Michelin. That's cool. But look at what Tamada has done lately. I'm not saying that he should have taken the 5th best Honda after what he did for them in WSBK. No one wins a WSBK title like that over Bayliss at Imola and then get a "customer" bike but... live with your decision. If Edwards and Hopkins can push their bikes to be more competitive than I am definetely all for it. Not only will be rooting for the Yanks over there but then we can choose which manufacturer we like more.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-07-2003, 10:56 PM

go nicky go!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode