worthy deal??? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 10:55 PM Thread Starter

worthy deal???

ok, heres the deal, i might get an 2000 cbr f4, first bike, 7500 miles, clean title, 2 bro. c2 slip on muffler, fender elim. kit, 0 gravity double bubble wind screen, lockhart tank protector cover, and new metzler m-1 sportec front tire, ridden in rain few times, a few scratches on the right side, never crashed.......plz give me advice on this.

$4800 obo

Last edited by m3beamerboi; 10-03-2003 at 11:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 11:58 PM

Well depends what your looking for....personally I would keep looking especially this time of year. I looked pretty extensivly (midwest) throughout the winter last year and saw some really good deals mid winter. Personally, I paid less than that for a 01 f4i with 3400 miles, corbin seats, jardine pipe, fender elim, sliders, windschield, pcIII, a helmet, and coat.

Granted I got a really sweet deal on this bike, but I saw several others during the winter where guys were looking to sell quick and let stuff go for way under blue book.

Last edited by bridomine99; 10-04-2003 at 12:00 AM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-04-2003, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

well here in sf, winter doesnt bring snow so i dont think prices of bikes get lower, of does it???

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-04-2003, 08:09 PM

I'm not sure about the price fluctuations out there. However, I destintivly remember a few of the bikes I had an eye on being in AZ last winter. If you see something in mn i would go check it out for you and take pictures to send to you. I heard about $300 to ship one pretty much anywhere in the country....not sure about that though.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-05-2003, 10:06 AM

m3beemer:Having not lived in SF I can only go by the number that ride in Vancouver, or Van Island, B.C., according to a few I know & a few dealers. Even though it is a lot of rain & snow once in a while, the riding (similar to SF as some almost manage to ride all yr around) drops around 50%.

So in reality some decide to put their bikes away for the colder & wet season or get the itch to sell as the new bikes are on the floor in '04 --- well a while anyway.

Best thing to do is judge yourself, how often & how far you & your riding friends along with others you tend to see on the evenings or week-ends. Since you have not completed a year in owning a m/c.

I am deeper in B.C., like what would be called the lower-interior & the cold along with the rains & snow come in. Most around here put away their bikes around mid-October or even earlier. True we had beans-all in snow last yr, but the cold was here & all the darn corners were messed up with a mix of sand/gravel & salt (which really messes up the alloy & paint work on the bikes) that will take most riders down AND do not bring the bikes out till April or May though I am a bit earlier being March. Oh yes the highways are also messed up with that mix of sand/gravel & salt---all to help the cage drivers stay on the roads/hwys & be able to stop.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-05-2003, 10:11 AM

Send a message via AIM to wantanaprilia
Brideomine, where in MN are you? Theres a bike in Woodbury I`m most likely going to be getting, even though I can`t see it in person first, it`d be cool to have someone other than the sellers opinion on the bike if they weren`t too far away and it wasn`t too much to ask.

Look . . . the people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances, we guard you while you sleep. Do not fu|< with us.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-05-2003, 08:23 PM

I'm actually finishing up school in Fargo ND right now so that would be quite the drive. However, I will be in the cities the weekend of the 18-19 if the guy would be interested in showing it. I dont want to get into an all day deal here, but I would take it around the block and shoot some pictures for you if you could get the seller to meet me somewhere near new brighton on the 18th. Send me and email at [email protected] if you can get him to cooperate. What kind of bike are we talking about??
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-07-2003, 09:52 AM

Send a message via AIM to wantanaprilia
If its more than a half hour away, don`t worry about it, the guy sent me some more pics and the bike looks mint. I know I wouldn`t go more than a half hour out of my way to check out a bike for someone unless they were a near by friend. The guy works for or owns, I`m not sure, bulletcam.com, so thats kind of reassuring, that hes atleast not some joe shmoe that I`d never be able to find again.

oh yeah, its a 96 gsxr750 with 19k miles for $2600

Look . . . the people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances, we guard you while you sleep. Do not fu|< with us.

Last edited by wantanaprilia; 10-07-2003 at 09:56 AM.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-07-2003, 11:03 AM

Well yes that would proably be about a half hour drive for him. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode