1000RR Styling - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

1000RR Styling

Is anyone else wondering what Honda was thinking when they designed the new RR from a styling point of view. Whats with the gray plastic on the bottum half and lack of color. If I pay 10 or 12g's for a bike, at a minimum I think it should look cool. I think the lines are pretty good, but the tail fender thing is stilllllllllll brutal and why no graphics, logos, or colors. GXR1000 for me next I guess.

Just my 2cents
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 10:20 AM

For the most part, I like it. The only thing that really bugs me is that the grey/black lower is straight from front to back. I think it would look LOTS better if it were angled up at the rear, pointing up at the tail. But that would make it hard to remove/replace for maintenance purposes, so....

Scott
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 12:40 PM

The loss of decent carrying space under the pillion saddle, taken up now by the can or is it two of them(?) PLUS the fact that the can will be costly to dump & put on an aftermarket one for "sound only" or the ghastly price it will be for a full system from the front to the rear for additional power is going to be overly costly.

Fortunately only the space bothers me as I ride my 929 with stock system. I will be riding the 929 for a number of yrs unless bike is damaged to almost being "totalled", stolen, or I loose my rights to ride a m/c or drive a cage & this latter part can also be because of simply OLD AGE taking over.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 06:40 PM

I think the gray bottom is my favorite part of the 600RR.

Of course, this coming from a guy who's favorite bike is the flat black/silver R1
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 10:38 AM

I like the new RR. not all of the have the gray bottom. One is all black. The thing is though, honda hasn't given a release date that I know off. I called honda and asked, they told me it was all rumors and they didn't know if it would be an 04. It may be a half year release like the 600rr was in 03, or it could be till 05. either way you are gonna have some time before you get to or have to look at one.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 10:48 AM

<------- Stickin with 954

Looks Better
Cheaper Exhaust Mods
Can't beat the storage
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 10:52 AM

I might get flamed for this, but I actually like the look. The only thing that I don't particularly like is how thin the rear is from top to bottom. Other than that, I WANT ONE!

--There is a wrong way to eat a Reese's, and I will find it.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 11:31 AM

I think its bad ass and if you dont like it dont buy one, just go out and buy the suzuki or yamaha cause they have flashy colors or what ever your whinning about...why dont you buy a bike based on the performance and the way it rides. just go spend WAY to much on a dumb ass flame job and end up droping it any way!! why doesnt this hole forum stop hating on bikes that arent even out yet...you never know maybe the bike will be ridiculously fast and handle like a dream so who cares what fucking color it is!!!

Sorry, i think i got carried away there...
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

Erion_9twees, just calm down man its just for fun. Obviously its all about performance first. My goal wasn't to stir up shit storm here, just some converstion. Obviously we are all free to buy and like whatever bikes we would like. However, personally I would like to seem some different styling on the new Honda, but that is just me.

As far as your coments....."why dont you buy a bike based on the performance and the way it rides".

Personally I'm starting to get sick of everyone pretending to be the next Nicky Haden. Lets be realistic here, how many of us are really out dragging our knees with liter bikes to the wood. I would be willing to bet that 97% of the sportbikes sold are cruising up and down mainstreets accross the U.S, not running the tires off of in the twisties.

Now i'm sure you'll come back and tell me about how your a pro-rider or the next star-boy doing wheelies from la to ny, but really does it matter. Last time I checked it still was all about getting outside and having some fun.

Lets just calm down and take this for what it is worth, just a place to bs about bikes when we cant ride.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 01:01 PM

i was not trying to start shit either just got frustrated...
and yes i can drag my knee but never once did coment or try to brag about my self(and read my coments at the bottum before you say i do wheelies)i happen to live near some very good twisties and thats all we do when we go ride...i wish i was the next hayden so does half the world but a guy can dream right...
sorry to offend anybody

(when i get my 1000RR (hopefully), ill ride to MN to show you how bad ass it will look in person!!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode