R6 or 600RR - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-02-2003, 05:13 AM Thread Starter

R6 or 600RR

Well seeing how my last post wasnt a success i would like to ask your opinions again on the afformentioned bikes. i want people who ride these, have ridden, own, maybe even read somethin about them. I would like to know maintenence schedules, quality, reliability all that stuff. Your information is much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 07:52 AM

Re: R6 or 600RR

Quote:
Originally posted by grik
Well seeing how my last post wasnt a success i would like to ask your opinions again on the afformentioned bikes. i want people who ride these, have ridden, own, maybe even read somethin about them. I would like to know maintenence schedules, quality, reliability all that stuff. Your information is much appreciated.
My girlfriend has a R6 and it is not the most comfortable bike in the world to ride... but I have been on a new RR as well, and the seat on that thing is like a leather covered redbrick!

Go out there and sit on the bikes, ride them, and figure out which one is better for you... You are the only one that can choose between the two for you...

Good luck!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 10:29 AM

Re: R6 or 600RR

Quote:
Originally posted by grik
NO racer rep is going to be "comfortable," so you can toss that idea right out the window. Just forget it - they're 1.5~ 2 hour bikes, max, before you need a break to stretch. The best you can hope for is differing levels of 'tolerable.'

Having said that, the R6 and 600RR are VERY comparable in all aspects, (performance, comfort, build quality, reliability blah blah), so buy whichever one gives you the biggest stiffy or the one that you can get the best deal on.

Then, if you don't like the seat, have it done. If you don't like the bars, do them, too. Adjust the levers for span and droop (you want a straight line down the back of your hand in riding position), adjust the foot controls so you don't have to reach to use them. BE ABSOLUTELY MERCILESS about fitting the bike to you. You'll be more relaxed on it and will go better/faster because of it.

Scott

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 08:58 PM
jab

Theres not much left to say after the previous two posts. That's what it comes down to is which one grabs YOU more, there both great bikes with TONS of performance. The r6 maintenence schedule youll need to get it checked after breakin,(500 miles), and then at 4,000 8,000 12,00 all of which will cost a couple hundred bucks a piece. I think valves might be at 16,00 but I cant remember at the moment and that will be a bit more. The better you get the quicker your tires will go but thats the same price either way, around 300 a set mounted and balanced is average for a set of dunlop d208's. I go through a set every 2,000 to 3,000 miles, but I were them down a little more than is probably safe. Break pads are pretty cheap and I always get them changed at the same time as Im going to have the tires changed(not every time) to save on shop time. Thats about all there is for money spent to keep the r6 running in top shape, along from the inexpensive things you should do yourself such as lube chain etc. If it were me I would take the r6 over the 6rr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!My :2cents
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode