This weekend was nice. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-23-2003, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

This weekend was nice.

So after drinking on firday and saturday night working saturday during the day. I finaly get home sunday around 3pm Such A nice day. On my ride home in my truck, I had one thing on my mind, getting on my drit bike 89 XR250. So I get home and change for some cursing though the woods. Starts right up I'm off after fueling up. Hit a feild that I normal hit after going around some dead trees in the trials from the hurricane. I guess the owner of the field decided to cut some of it but not all. Made a nice littl course with some long strights and nice turns with some obstical and each path is always differnt, bumps rocks and what not. So after learning the route once I take off. Down around the truns, Yadda yadda I'm at home having a blast. Comeing around truns Leaning quite far over, Practing some of the things that I read here in the woods on my dirtbike. Look where you want to go now where you are going, WOW, It works well. One trun has a Tree and a rock in the middle of it. Now I realize that I was going to fast heading stright torwards it, it would not of been to bad if I decided to lock up the breaks, but instead I decided to look to the left as I would like to go around it. I'm on the gas the hole time. Around I go and as soon as I'm clear I nail it, I'm off to the next trun, an almost 180 degree trun, I guestmite I came in to the turn at about 10 miles an hour or so, I was in the lean hard core for a dirt bike. With a brand new rear tire I figured I was all good. I guess I didn't get a tire with enough tread on the sides, cause while I was in the trun I gave it just a little gas, I could feel the tire to start to come out from under me, Suprized me at first, I only let off the gas a little but keep the lean, did the same thing again, while still in the trun. I finally come out of the trun, to hit the long stright away. I nail it, as I make another 180 degree trun into the twistes, as I hit the twistes and come out of the truns, I get on the gas, and the bike starts to bog. So I come to the top of the hill and stop. Let the bike cool down. So after about 10 min or so I start the bike back up and start back towards my house. Bike Runs Fine in lower RPM's, but as soon as I nail it bogs down. My dad thinks the jet is cloged. I had fun untill that happend. Most likely the bike will be getting a carb cleaning this winter. I don't think I'm going to ride in any more unless some fuel injector cleanor will work. I hope I can get a stree bike by next summer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode