Oops i did it again - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2003, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Oops i did it again -> photos

After lunch today while heading back 2 work i crashed my bike
riding at 60-70 kmphslipped on newly painted line and drifted the rear off but didnt hi side, got the bike up and crashed on the left side the bike slid about 60 meters and i went something about 30 meters.
my leather pants are damaged but the jacket is ok i think,
my helmet is damaged but my New Sidi boots just have a lil scratch on them and totally saved my ankle...
the bike slid on the left side and it seems like i can fix it for much smaller amount than i expected.. but still a i was saving for a new bike.
myself: well my left hand is huuge but unbroken,it really hurts.
when i fell off my glove just slipped of my hand and i was lucky i only have a lil scar there but im happy i didnt break any bones.

i learned a lot of this.. just remember if something is bothering you ride with extreme caution or dont ride at all...

will post some photos of my gear soon

Last edited by SimonWRC; 09-23-2003 at 02:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2003, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

sorry about the typing im doing it with one hand in a little hurry
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2003, 01:07 PM
Strength and Honor

Glad you got out relatively unscathed. I've read a lot about folks in the twisties getting some sliding in turns when crossing the lines, and those were dry lines. B/c of this, I try to stay well away from the lines in general.

'Course, I ride really close to them, b/c being in the middle of the road:
1) makes you REALLY visible (tho staying there when passing oncoming can be a bad idea)
2) keeps me as far from the roadside ditches and corn as possible, which are deer hideouts
3) gives me the maximum reaction time in case something comes in from either side
4) is generally cleaner, rock-wise

Looking forward to the pics.

And your injury will give you a reprieve from those spelling Nazis out there (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE )

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun

Last edited by kanwisch; 09-23-2003 at 09:58 AM.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2003, 01:09 PM

sorry to hear of your misfortune...get well quick and get back on that horse

SQUID=Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, & Imminently Dead

Katie has a nice "spice rack".

If you can read this, thank a teacher....If you're reading this in English, thank a Veteran.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2003, 05:08 PM

Simon: Hope all can be corrected with little cost. Your bit "--if something is bothering you ride with extreme caution or dont ride at all...---" fits in so well with my defensive form of riding & one part is one must have 100% concentration of the road & traffic with the mind not mulling over something else, most one's mind should be forced to do is remember where it is going & staying within the safety speeds & safety zones from other vehicles.
My "thank you" for bringing out what helped to create the prang.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-23-2003, 07:23 AM Thread Starter

well last night i had to go to the hospital, they found out that i broke my wrist on both hands but broke it almost in 2 pices on my left hand but only a little bit on my right hand..
but i got the chance to cheak out the bike better yesterday and its damage are only on the cosmetic..

took few pictures of my gear yesterday and hope to get em uploaded on a sever today..
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-23-2003, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kanwisch

And your injury will gives you a reprieve from those spelling Nazis out there (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE )

Don't worry, I'll leave him alone because he's hurt. Thats a perfectly acceptable excuse.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-23-2003, 09:58 AM
Strength and Honor

Quote:
Originally posted by Kevlar7R
Don't worry, I'll leave him alone because he's hurt. Thats a perfectly acceptable excuse.
Some spelling Nazi you turned out to be! You missed the one I had in my post, which you even quoted.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-23-2003, 12:51 PM

What did they do with the wrist with the most damage? Not a good thing & in time that or both can come to haunt you. I know for often I broke parts of my left hand & wrist result (from '47 till 87) is by '91 the left hand is weak, wrist as dropped in size & I only have 25% of the original strength. Really a bummer.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-23-2003, 01:15 PM
jab

Sorry to hear about your injuries, that sucks, glad to hear your bike damage is only cosmetic. I really hope you have a girlfriend or wife with two broken wrists . Just playin, get well soon!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode