almost hit a house today...you? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-21-2003, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

Cool almost hit a house today...you?

since I'm a new rider and I wanted to get a little road experience, so I figured I'd wake up bright and early on a Sunday morning and take the bike out for a little spin around the neighborhood where there's no traffic. I'm at a four way stop with my buddy, I'm about to get started, then I pop the clutch too fast and stall...normally I wouldn't panic but there was a vehicle behind me waiting. got a little nervous and couldn't get going. finally when I do get it I forget I'm supposed to be turning left, make the turn too late, panic, and instead of closing the throttle to slow down I open it- before I know it I'm zooming straight towards a scary looking stucco house. finally hit the brakes, come to a stop on this persons front lawn about 7 feet away from the front window... I keep thinking if I hadn't gotten my head back on straight and braked I could quite possibly have met with the stucco...
My buddy came rolling up a couple seconds later, got a good laugh out of that one...I would pay money to see what I looked like . anyway thought i'd share my newbie learning experience with everyone. ride safe, and don't hit no houses...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-21-2003, 03:54 PM

Send a message via AIM to wantanaprilia
I almost hit a car straight on, because the dickwad was completely in my lane (not just two of his tires, he was COMPLETELY in my lane), on a back road, in broad day light, going about 25mph around a bend. Luckily I know that corner ALWAYS has gravel in it, so I was slowed way down, or else I quite possibly wouldn`t be here typing this. He took his time to get back into his own lane, and I gave him the finger, he replied with a smile... It took all I had in me to not turn around and put a nice size dent in his quarter panel

Look . . . the people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances, we guard you while you sleep. Do not fu|< with us.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-21-2003, 03:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
Was the owner home? That would have been great if he would have turned the sprinklers on you

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-21-2003, 03:59 PM

do they have msf classes in canada????

aprilia, i would of fuked his shite up!! lol but good job cause im stupid but you did the right thing!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-21-2003, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

I'm guessing the person was either sleeping or wasn't home. I was just glad nobody came out to laugh at me while I was rolling off the lawn. As for MSF classes, we do have safety courses here, which I will be enrolling in as soon as spring time rolls around. the courses are over for this year as we're on the brink of winter . damn Canada and its snow!!!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-21-2003, 04:52 PM

felix: This is in the middle of the two best riding months of the year for us m/cists. September & October are the times of colour in the leaves. Do not give up riding or taking a safety course at this time of year. Your bit of a scare is good enough reason for the latter.

Back around '50 I was scooting back to the shop with 100% Matchless 500 scrambler (now called MX), from practicing, when a darn dog & I nearly collided. I jumped the curb in trying to duck the stupid dog, into & through this high shrub fence, left hand toren off the clutch lever side & I am up against an OLD all shingle house nearly running into this elderly woman down on her knees working of the flowers only by this time I am with my elbow into the shingle sidings & hands on the clutch & brake levers. Greatly apoligized to the lady & she came up with something "Yes isn't that dog simply awfull". I looked back at the damaged shrub fence & said I would see to have this corrected & she told me that happend by a car coming through the shrub fence due to the same dog. Contacted driver, as I knew him & he said he would take care of the shrub fence & really wanted to take care of the dog as well.

Oh yes you have not had any problems with dogs yet have you!!!!!!!!!! LOL
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2003, 12:09 AM

School parking lot

Fexlix . . . Do not ride on the street. Go to a local school parking lot and spend enough time there to become intimately familiar with your bike's controls. Then and only venture out onto the street.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2003, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

Arrow

Been practicing for awhile in a parking lot and will continue to, but since there's absolute minimal traffic in my area in the morning I thought it would be a good opportunity to practice on somewhat real roads. I'm not planning on getting into any traffic areas until after i've taken the course. and Smitty, I don't plan on giving up riding until the first snow falls, but courses here are extremely limited and the last course was offered in early september...now I must wait till the new year... oh well.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2003, 07:31 PM

Hey man, we talked before about a month or so ago. I moved to Stoon for school now, and I've got my scoot here so if you ever want a little help or anything let me know. Schedule isn't too demanding, but this week is supposed to be some kinda 'adopted binging' week.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-23-2003, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

Arrow

welcome to the city. how's stoon treatin ya? don't see too many bikes out nowadays...must be the cooler weather .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode