I hear voices! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-17-2003, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

I hear voices!

I Just realized today when I got home from riding. I have been talking to myself this whole time I have been riding. At times when I am going to go into a turn or pass cars and shifting I am talking myself through it. Does anyone else do this or am I a Schizo ? Geko
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-17-2003, 01:07 PM

no, its not normal.

when you start argueing with yourself, thats when you know you've hit the "insanity" level then and only then will you officially be considered "normal".

i only do what the voices in my head tell me to.

SQUID=Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, & Imminently Dead

Katie has a nice "spice rack".

If you can read this, thank a teacher....If you're reading this in English, thank a Veteran.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-17-2003, 01:16 PM

Definately something the matter with you & unless yor get things straightened out you will end up in the loony house.

I have this all beat for I do not verbally talk to myself, but talk goes on inside of my head. Took me a while to get the hang of this, but back in the late 40s & early 50s we did not have crash helmets for street riding ---- so there you were blabbering to yourself & when the mouth is open IN comes a ruddy bee or something else. So you can see you must change from outright babbling to brain-yattering. LOL

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-18-2003, 10:53 AM

I don't just talk to myself.

I sing.

On some long road trips (like from indiana to AL, or to deals gap and back from AL) I get really bored, and instead of letting myself get bored with the road and start looking around more than I should, I either talk to myself, or bust out in a nice song - however this can go bad for you sometimes cause if you do it in the city, you end up stopping at a redlight, and you're just getting down with your bad self, and a car pulls up next to you, and you're singing and having a good time, and you look over and realize the insanely hot chick in the excursion is looking at you like you're an id.. nevermind.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-18-2003, 12:01 PM

I sing constantly and it's usually the last song I heard before I left the house. Some times it's a really bad song or commercial and I can't get it out of my head!!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-18-2003, 12:02 PM

Send a message via AIM to duessel
I sing ..... Sometimes, I forget my chatterbox is on.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-18-2003, 12:13 PM

I talk to myself , sometimes yell at myself and others and when i get bored like on the way home from work i sing mostly old songs . but anyways I thing its prity normal to talk to your self when you are riding . when I would race motocross I would sing it would keep me in a rithem . but that's just my
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-18-2003, 01:05 PM

Amongst town/city roads, as I am heading for a hwy, there I am talking in my pea size brain saying something like "Okay this cage that swung from fast to slow lane, with no signals, & going so darn slow does not seem to have a driver in it, but probably little old gal stairing through the steering wheel SO be aware of this cage" or "Holy crap what is the frigging rush of this cage almost taking away my front end ----- oh okay some teen-aged kids in a friggin' rush to nowwhere-----so it must be around noon time SO be prepared as the kid is going to do something stupid again or pile into someone ahead". My sort of yatter which tells you I am not singing or talking about I should be preparing for supper, BUT the immediate traffic.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-18-2003, 03:54 PM

I will somtimes sing a little, but like smitty my talkin is usually not out loud. Which may be due to starting out as a squid and not wearing a helmet

James.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-18-2003, 03:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
I sing constantly, and loud. From the time I put my helmet on till I get where I'm going. Usually I stay on the same 1 or 2 songs until i get off the bike. I rarely talk to myeslf. You're probably crazy dude.

I used to be schizo, but we're ok now.

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode