Hold on & look a '04 line of m/cs bv all. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2003, 04:30 PM Thread Starter

Hold on & look a '04 line of m/cs bv all.

Right now info is coming out on most of the m/cs for '04. Presently it seems as if Honda & Yamaha have gone Ga-ga on the can being under the saddle. Do not think the other two have gone that wild.

Looking at Suzy on-line & it seems they have the cans off the the right (believe it is same for Kwacker) & of INTEREST is they have dropped the Bandit 600, BUT have dressed up the GS500F with complete fairing & FEEL this is the ideal bike for beginners that want something sporting.

So before we back all the '03 lines take a look at what '04 offers unless it is a "used" bike or possiby a '03 still on the dealer's floor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2003, 07:48 PM

Suzuki

Looks like the TLR has gone the way of the DO DO as well! :>(
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2003, 08:53 PM

So whats going to happen with the people that want aftermarket exhaust with the man. starting to run them under the seat??

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2003, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by spitz
So whats going to happen with the people that want aftermarket exhaust with the man. starting to run them under the seat??
After market will still work. Has not stopped the Ducs.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-14-2003, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

There will be said aftermarket exhaust cans for the under the saddle bikes, but your can bet your bottom dollar on the fact that they will be quite a bit more expensive.

The most costly bit will be for someone wanting to put in a complete exhaust system for more power along with rejetting or work on the fuel injection systems------- for there are a lot of strange bends & weldings along the way AND as some of you have found even a change from a stock 4 into 1 an aftermarket 4 into 1 can be touch & go.

It is hard to obtain infor directly from the distributors on what is being offered, what has been changed & such. We will just have to keep our eyes opened.

Have a hunch that Suzy & Kwacker are NOT going for the under the saddle fad & sticking to the can being at the right.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-14-2003, 10:32 AM

you feel its only a fad Smitty?

i think that having the exhaust under the seat is kinda stupid, it looks kewl, but the way that people like to modify their bike, it makes it that much harder, and if someone does go aftermarket, the exhaust is hidden

i know if i spent over 1000 bux on an aftermarket exhaust system, i'd want to show it off (like akrapovic's carbon fiber can)
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-14-2003, 09:26 PM

i know the exhaust under the cbr600rr isn't the sweetest looking stock exhaust, but the afterones look so rediculously ugly, being that they stick out about a foot behind the tail,

Quote:
Looks like the TLR has gone the way of the DO DO as well! :>(

i think they need to make an svr, and make it look like the tlr, i'd buy one, but that's just me, i want a tlr someday, but i plan to buy a used bike anyway, so it doesn't really matter that much that they stopped making them
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

One thing we all need to remember is that the m/c makers & distributors are still jocking around what will be brought into the different countries, the colours & such. So in fact we really do not know what will be on the floors in our countries till sometime in November.

Even then your local dealer may decided to not order a few of the models or be in a position of where they do not have access to all the bikes being brought in. Said dealer might like to bring in 4 to 6 of a certain made/model, but only have the rights to bring in one ------- so much depends upon their history of selling & such.

In 2000 my Honda dealer was not even going to bring in a 929 or RC-51 (at the time I knew more about those two bikes then he did), but my 3 grand on Nov 2nd, for a Black & Silver 929, convinced him to bring in the only 929 & the only RC-51 with both selling the day they came in. Still a month later he folded up his business & no Honda dealer till next spring.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode