Must...Mountains...Ride...Motorcycle - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-24-2002, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
Must...Mountains...Ride...Motorcycle

I went up into the mountains this weekend to go mt.biking with some of my friends(ohio pyle for anyone around here). And i couldn't believe the roads up there. Perfectly paved, very little traffic, and the curves. Good god the curves. I've heard everybody talk about riding in the mountains, but i never imagined it was like that. All i could think about all day while we were riding is that i had to get my motorcycle up there. Im still getting chills.

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-24-2002, 06:57 PM

Know what you mean. My Granny lives in Tenn. Last time there I was considering buying a used bike to leave at her house!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-24-2002, 07:18 PM

Sounds like you found your new playground .

The mountains are one of my favorite places to ride. I live 10 mins. from the start of a great ride through a canyon up into the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Kinda like going to heaven. With all the pine trees & fresh air it smells great & the curves are neverending. Just one loop is about 160+ miles. Like you said very little traffic & what you do find just makes for fun passing. I love spotting a cage up ahead through the corners then going after it. Just a little extra fun.
Do you have any good roads along the coast? There is a sweet ride from here through the coast mountains & connects up with Hwy 1 which runs along the coast. If you had the willingness you could ride to Washington State all along the coast. Another great ride because of all the sweet corners & the different micro environments you go through as you ride.
Have fun, ride safe, fast but safe,

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-24-2002, 08:00 PM

Know what you mean for I have been living & riding in mountain roads, rolling hills, etc since 1953 & love it.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-24-2002, 09:40 PM

Ahh the Mountains.

I've been hitting all the mountains around me within a days travel. Each weekend I pick another one and head out. The roads up in the mountains are just incredable. For the most part smooth pavement and no traffic.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-25-2002, 06:52 PM

The "no traffic" bit is not in my area ----

---for this is a tourist resourt area, so it is loaded with tourists till sometime like late September.
To get to the more eased up parts one suffers on 90KPH roads doing 80 or less, & when one sees 80KPH road it is down to 40 or 50 KPH. That might last some 50 plus miles THEN it starts to open up, but same problem when coming back home --- crawling tourist traffic.
Pos & cons as to where one lives.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-25-2002, 08:21 PM

Angry

Damn, I miss the mountains........especially the cold weather and snow....can't forget snowboarding and skiing. What can i say i live in the sunshine state...damn this sucks.

P.S. Motorcycle riding on mountains are awesome...especially for the scenery.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-25-2002, 10:26 PM

The Mountains

The Mountains will chew your A$$ up and spit you out if you don't know what you are doing. I have seen it done plenty of times, so don' let the smooth taste fool Ya!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode