Cbr900rr Speed - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-24-2002, 08:06 AM Thread Starter

Question Cbr900rr Speed

i have a 1993 cbr900rr i bought 4 months ago. it is my first sportbike and i am the second owner. i was at the honda dealership yesterday in tennessee at cool springs galleria and as soon as i pulled up this sales guy came out and said nice 900 dude. well i got to talking to him and he was from california and his first bike was a 93 900rr and then later a 929 and now a 954rr. he told me alot about my bike. well to make a long story short he rode my bike and said the compression was tight, the bike was smooth and was simple awesome. he said he had done alot of dyno testing in his time and even though my bike is rated at 114hp factory he said he felt at least 125 to 130. as far as i know everything is stock but he said the previous owner must have jetted it. i can run 115 in 1/8 mile and 140to 145 1/4 mile, is this about right for my bike? please let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-24-2002, 02:03 PM

Not to sure.

Do you know if you have stock sized sprockets as well? That will make it seem like it has a lot more horsepower. Don't really know what size the stock sprocekts are though. Someone else would have to answer that.

I've never really timed myself in the 1/8th or 1/4 mile but top speed on my bike with a vance and hines pipe and a jet kit is about 165 indicated. But it seems like if I had bigger gears it would go faster since it gets up to 165 no problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode