Cager lost his Mirror this morning - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-20-2002, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Cager lost his Mirror this morning

So get this , I'm sitting at the red light just waiting for it you go green on my way to work this morning. and this guy pulls up beside me and spits on me i was like WTF? he's cursing and swearing and going on about something i don't even know what. So he peals away when the light turns green ( by this time i'm pretty pi$$ed off) So i lift of my leg and hold my size 12 work boot at about mirror hieght and get up beside him and crack my wrist and next thing you know he's missing his drivers side mirror and i'm way ahead of him going thru traffic on the freeway chuckling to myslef
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-20-2002, 08:25 PM

HAHAHA.... serves him right what an asshole.

there's hope in the words and emotion in the eyes
it's so easy to be misled by the savvy gentle guise
and like fools we trust the delivery
but it's all just drunk sincerity
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-20-2002, 11:25 PM

Talking hahah!!

i'd do the same.. only mines are 10.5 sidi's

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-21-2002, 05:21 AM

You are a bigger man than I am, I would have put the bike on the stand and beat the shit out of him and then ride away satisfied. Why the hell would someone spit on anyone, that is just so damn low class. Watch out when kicking mirrors off, I know a guy who went to jail for 3 months for doing that. Oh yeah, I hope it was a power mirror, they are more expensive.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-21-2002, 07:15 AM

No doubt about it, we have a lot of craze cage drivers.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-21-2002, 08:05 AM
Honda Moderator

I'm calling BS...

Several years ago I did have the occasion to take a mirror of a Hyundai when a woman came over into my lane on the freeway loop around memphis & I had no choice but to ride the shoulder & skim her. The mirror hit the crook of my arm & while it did remove the mirror it also about removed me from the bike & left a bruise that turned every color of the rainbow for weeks...

In addition & similar to your "story" I have stuck my foot out & kicked a couple dogs over the course of time in the in the last few years & that too severely upsets the bike to the point you will be lucky to stay on two wheels. I would also like to point out that dogs are much lower to the ground than a car mirror which means you would have had to raise your foot up as high as your handlebars to kick the mirror... Ever tried moving your foot forward on a sportbike where you are already leaned forward??? If you had you wouldn't have posted this thread..

post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-21-2002, 03:06 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Duckhunter
I'm calling BS...

Several years ago I did have the occasion to take a mirror of a Hyundai when a woman came over into my lane on the freeway loop around memphis & I had no choice but to ride the shoulder & skim her. The mirror hit the crook of my arm & while it did remove the mirror it also about removed me from the bike & left a bruise that turned every color of the rainbow for weeks...

In addition & similar to your "story" I have stuck my foot out & kicked a couple dogs over the course of time in the in the last few years & that too severely upsets the bike to the point you will be lucky to stay on two wheels. I would also like to point out that dogs are much lower to the ground than a car mirror which means you would have had to raise your foot up as high as your handlebars to kick the mirror... Ever tried moving your foot forward on a sportbike where you are already leaned forward??? If you had you wouldn't have posted this thread..

[img]
I concur - I had a run in with a mirror also and the mirror won. It broke, yeah, but I still lost.

Fairing repair / Plastic Welding / Gas Tank Repair / Fabrication and Customization
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or s3sportbikes.com
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-21-2002, 04:30 PM

I think what he's saying is that he took off his work boot and used it to club off the mirror?
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-21-2002, 05:26 PM

Quote:
So i lift of my leg and hold my size 12 work boot at about mirror hieght and get up beside him and crack my wrist
He didnt kick it, he used his boot like a bat. Quick thinking, although the temptation to use it on his face instead of the mirror would be way too tempting for me
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-22-2002, 08:10 PM

I was thinking the same thing. I'm no seasoned rider, but just trying to raise my foot up mirror height on a cage while still holding onto my grips is damn near impossible!! Maybe I'm just old though... and not limber. Everyone go out tommorrow and try this, post back and let us know how it goes. I'll be waiting for the results.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode