Never seen this before - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-18-2002, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

Never seen this before

Haven't posted in a while but have been reading posts regularly. Anyway, yesterday I was out riding and saw something I hadn't seen before. A guy passed me on a chromed out R1. Nothing special about that or that the guy was wearing only a t-shirt and shorts, but his helmet almost made me fall off my bike laughing. He was wearing a chrome beanie like the harley guys wear! It was one of the funniest things I have ever seen. Maybe I don't get out much but man, it sure was ridiculous!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-18-2002, 05:21 PM

I can just see the headlines...." The Hells Angels finally realized Harley's just aren't as bad ass as they used to be"

there's hope in the words and emotion in the eyes
it's so easy to be misled by the savvy gentle guise
and like fools we trust the delivery
but it's all just drunk sincerity
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-19-2002, 01:40 PM
UFO

I think those chrome Nazi helmets are some fooked up fad back east (or a fooked up fad in general). I've ridden all over the Pacific Northwest (WA, OR, ID, MT) and have never seen anyone wear anything remotely stupid like that.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-19-2002, 03:06 PM

The chrome Nazi helmets are quite popular around here as are the purple glitter ones too that I have seen, in CT it is also popular to strap them to your seat, in NYC it is also cool to wear a full face helmet on top of your head like it is a hat, I wish I had some pics of that it looks pretty funny, I just don't know how they ride around w/ them like that with them balanced on top of their head,

the regular beanie style is also available too in chrome and sparkle and stuff, but it just doesn't have the cache that the nazi lid does so you don't see it as much,

you can see 'em here,

http://www.helmetsetc.com/details.asp?product_id=h58

notice "for novelty use only"

there a bit overpriced too, you can find them for $15 at MC swapmeets,
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-19-2002, 05:25 PM
Lifetime Premium

I've seen them too, what a bunch of frikkin tool boxes...

That's a new fad, basically what they are trying to say is "I can't ride, so don't push me - I'm just trying to bust a move."

Fairing repair / Plastic Welding / Gas Tank Repair / Fabrication and Customization
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or s3sportbikes.com
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-19-2002, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lt.Gustl
in NYC it is also cool to wear a full face helmet on top of your head like it is a hat, I wish I had some pics of that it looks pretty funny, I just don't know how they ride around w/ them like that with them balanced on top of their head,

http://www.helmetsetc.com/details.asp?product_id=h58

notice "for novelty use only"
NO SH*T! I was eating lunch with the old lady at a local shop that has great soups and breads and such....anyway, we're on the patio and no SH*T, this guy comes riding by real slow-like on an OLD, OLD CBR (that wasn't even in that good of shape). My fiance simply said "Get a load of this friggin' guy. Are you f*cking kidding me"? I look up and damn near hat potato soup come through my nose. He was in typical squid gear; tank top (what I believe is an old pastel colored VARNE FRANCE shirt from the '80's), jean shorts, sneakers, and a helmet balanced on his head lick a friggin' circus seal. Arms locked, back straight like he's deadlifting 400lbs....MAN HE WAS COOOOOL. AND ON SUCH AN AWESOME MACHINE!. Jesus, if you're gonna look like an idiot, you may as well look like an idiot on a silver/blk R1.

Anyway, I too, thought that was funny.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2002, 03:58 PM

I think the Ruff Ryders brought them to the sportbike scene.... enough said
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2002, 05:05 PM

Suggest you READ the Thread.

He id NOT say a chromed Nazie helmet, but "---He was wearing a chrome beanie---". Stupid as they both are they are quite different.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode