998 Kit dyno. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-18-2002, 09:20 AM Thread Starter

998 Kit dyno.

Finally got it right. I had a defective Muzzy ignition advancer or either the high compression didn't like, don't know?
But anyways it's running like a cop to a donut. 144 at the wheel with 79 Ft pounds of torque. This is where Dave at Muzzys said I would be until I got the adjustable cam sprockets, then after that I will be "right at 160 at the wheel". This dyno was without packing in my can so I probably would have slightly more torque also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-18-2002, 09:25 AM Thread Starter

This is the A/F ratio. The first run was a little lean with 160-165-165-160 mains so I fattend it up to 172-175-175-172 and fixed my lean surge at 7. Im just a little fat on the mains but most of my riding is at night so it will equal out.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 04:57 AM

Question?

Why the larger jets on the inside? Do stock bike run this way also or is it only done under heavy modification?

Thanks,

Mike

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 05:23 AM

Talking You Dog.......>>>

Hey Shannon,

So, you went & did it (before me, too). Sounds like its
gonna be fun when you get the cams adjusted.....!!!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 05:44 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
Quote:
Originally posted by Kneeslider951
Question?

Why the larger jets on the inside? Do stock bike run this way also or is it only done under heavy modification?

Thanks,

Mike
as far as i know, all stock carbs use fatter jets on the inside cylinders. i don't remember why, i think it has to do with the heat of the air or the cylinders. i don't really remember, just a guess.

Tony

Coward stays behind freedom.
A braveman stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 06:36 AM

Shannon,
You'll want to get those adjustable cam sprockets chrome plated first. If they can give you 16 additional HP, they deserve the best treatment. Seriously, I've installed a number of them and they always help, but nothing on the order of 16 HP.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 07:11 AM Thread Starter

Re: You Dog.......>>>

Quote:
Originally posted by Cam McFarland
Hey Shannon,

So, you went & did it (before me, too). Sounds like its
gonna be fun when you get the cams adjusted.....!!!

I towed it home to Memphis last weekend. It ran soooooo much better. Memphis is 1100ft lower than where I am now. I did a roll-on with a 01 Gix1000 that had a full akro, remapped, those light wheels with no cush drive and some kind of carb butterfly mod and smoked him pretty bad. I was impressed, I was sure he would pull me. I could bring it up easy there in 4th, but have a hard time with 3rd here. Thats how much different the altitude made.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 07:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveL
Shannon,
You'll want to get those adjustable cam sprockets chrome plated first. If they can give you 16 additional HP, they deserve the best treatment. Seriously, I've installed a number of them and they always help, but nothing on the order of 16 HP.

Dave at Muzzy's is now saying 8-10 HP. He said I need to be 105-105. The stock set up is 105-100. I know it will make a noticeable difference but I doubt I will see even 8 more out of it.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 07:23 AM

Talking

Sounds pretty fun now....!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode