Crazy at Red Lights? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-16-2002, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

Crazy at Red Lights?

I saw this on SBN and wanted to see everyones reactions over here,.........When your stopped at a red light and everyone is looking at you because they all wish they had a bike of their own, do you do anything funny? Some people were saying how they would shout out random things to cagers, get off bikes and dance to loud cage music, etc, etc,...............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-16-2002, 11:58 AM

"The stoplight dance", Is that a Howell New Jersey thing??;-)
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-16-2002, 12:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to duessel
I know what you are saying. I hate that when they are just staring at your bike and when you look over at them an they give you that cocky ass what's up head nod. Like they have something in common with you. Another one is when they ask you what kind of bike it is. Not like the decals on the tank or fairing gives it away or anything.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-16-2002, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

Origin

Quote:
Originally posted by jimmyjr
"The stoplight dance", Is that a Howell New Jersey thing??;-)
I am pretty sure the "Stoplight Dance" originated in Pennsyltucky
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-16-2002, 12:09 PM

Send a message via AIM to duessel
Sorry, I was a bit off the subject. I have not got my dance on, but I always wanted to. I wanted to bust a running man right by someone's driver side window, rip my helmet off and twirl it around above my head by the strap.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-16-2002, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by duessel
Sorry, I was a bit off the subject. I have not got my dance on, but I always wanted to. I wanted to bust a running man right by someone's driver side window, rip my helmet off and twirl it around above my head by the strap.
See now thats what I am talking about LMAO!!!
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-16-2002, 12:30 PM

To me I am simply eyeing the red light, the possible amber of the light about to stop the other traffic & if there is traffic on each side are they stopping as the amber/red comes on their side.
I do not have the time to look around & see if people are LOOKING at my m/c.
Possibly this is something younger riders feel(?) since they think people are looking at their shinny m/c, but it is not so bar the fact that they are simply ANOTHER vehicle at the crossing..
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-16-2002, 05:47 PM

Since Im almost continually in traffic on my bike Im almost continually stared at. I forgot about it a long time ago. On those rare occasions when I take one of our cars I stare at bikes too. In fact, when Im on my bike I stare at other bikes. Whats not to like? You're sitting in your car, the light is red, what else are you going to look at?
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-16-2002, 07:40 PM

I always look at other bikes. It don't matter if I'm on mine or in my truck. I just like bikes. As for sitting at lights, I don't generally pay attention to other people looking at me. Sometimes I will wave at kids though.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-16-2002, 10:49 PM

Unhappy I just tolerate others

I hate it when they try and start up a conversation with you about the bike, or people that they/you know who also ride. I always have on a helmet...so its like trying to pick up a cute girl on a busy dance floor with the music blasting. I purchased a iridium visor to block my features, and make me less approachable in traffic. I get the occational head knod still though. I am curious if any of the rest of you have ever been flashed in traffic before by a group of females in a car....just curious, or is it just me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode