Another bike chase on the news... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-14-2002, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

Another bike chase on the news...

I get the news out of Philadelphia, NBC news to be exact. And on comes a chase from LA of a guy on a GSX-R running from the cops. Happens alot I would imagine but its just more bad publicity for the sport.

At least he got to pull a wheelie on national TV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-14-2002, 03:12 PM

It sure would be sweet... if you got away to see yourself doing a wheelie on National TV. but if you got I'd hate to be in that guys shoes.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-14-2002, 05:40 PM

running

I just saw (for the second time) the chase where the guy ends up getting creamed by the bus. I think that is one of the funniest things. I don't even think the bus stopped. For those that didn't see it, the guy was okay.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-14-2002, 06:27 PM
Lifetime Premium

I've only seen one where the guy gets away. I normally don't run but if I seem one way behind me and I'm in the right area I'll be hard pressed to stop.

I've seen the bus one too.. that guy is/was an idiot!

Fairing repair / Plastic Welding / Gas Tank Repair / Fabrication and Customization
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or s3sportbikes.com
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-15-2002, 06:52 AM

I just read a news report out of Japan, I think, where an 18 year old got killed on a motorcycle. Apparently, he was out running the cops and he turned around to flip the cop off. What he didn't realize is that he had ran another red light and hit a taxi. He died instantly. His passenger was also hurt. What a waste. Apparently, there are squids everywhere.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-15-2002, 10:10 AM

people that run from or to the cops are dumb
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-15-2002, 10:22 AM

slyman not to bring up an old argument, but wasn't it you who tried to wheelie next to a cop during a chase with a group, or am I mistaken?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-15-2002, 10:36 AM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally posted by sly10man
people that run from or to the cops are dumb
I agree, they should be shot and their bike should be given to me.

Fairing repair / Plastic Welding / Gas Tank Repair / Fabrication and Customization
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or s3sportbikes.com
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-15-2002, 01:48 PM

They guy that hit the bus was doing pretty good......I thought he was going to make it..... You never know why cops pull you over so, its a good Idea to just pull over. They might just want to check out your bike..... Felony Fleeing will definatelly get you to stop riding for a while or forever if you hit something.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-18-2002, 07:28 AM

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
Anybody know what the guy that hit the bus was riding? I saw it yesterday and couldn't tell. The guy in the helicopter was saying "we've reached speeds over 120". And i remember thinking, "common you pansy, if you're gonna run from the cops at least open it up"

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode