Went on my longest ride to date this past weekend. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-12-2002, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

Went on my longest ride to date this past weekend.

I live in Washington and have been riding for about 3 months now on my first bike. So far I've just been trying to get a little more endurance on the bike but this past weekend I made a 5 hour trip up hwy 165 to Mt. Ranier.

I wanted to go all the way to the end of the road and the lake but after getting almost to the top it turned into gravel. I kept going anyway because I'm an obstinate bastard but eventually I decided to turn it around. Gravel is just no fun.

It was a 5 hour round trip and about 200 miles or so. but I did it pretty much all in one shot with a little rest when I turned the bike around. Maybe I'll try heading up to Mt. Saint Helens next weekend since it's the next day now and I'm not even sore from the ride.

But I also have a question about the Gel Filled Hand grips. Has anyone used them and are they really more comfortable than the soft rubber stock ones? The stock ones don't really bother me but more comfortable coulden't hurt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-12-2002, 02:55 PM

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-12-2002, 04:26 PM

Re: Went on my longest ride to date this past weekend.

Quote:
Originally posted by krsteen
But I also have a question about the Gel Filled Hand grips. Has anyone used them and are they really more comfortable than the soft rubber stock ones? The stock ones don't really bother me but more comfortable coulden't hurt.
Mebbe I just have big hands (but don't really think so), but I HATE any factory grip I've yet tried. Darn things are just too small as well as being a bit hard for extended use. Dunno 'bout the gel grips, but I installed Johar Cush Grips on both my bikes. They're foam, and have a bit of a barrel shape to 'em (slightly fatter in the middle than on both ends). They also make Superbike grips, but I've never tried them (foam, but without the barrel shape).

Hard to find, but I also like their Rad Shifter. It's the same material as their grips, but slides over the shifter boot. They come in two different sizes (probably need small for sportbikes). Bought 'bout 10 of 'em years ago (fer 'bout $2 each), but just about out. I usually change it every year or two, as they do wear out. I like them on the shifter as it cushions slightly, and it's more comfortable for the times I ride with the shifter in constant contact with my foot.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-15-2002, 12:44 PM
UFO

Head up the back side of Mt. St. Helens. Windy Ridge, head south from Randle...come out in Cougar in the Columbia Gorge. Twisty heaven...watch out for cagers and cliffs. Corners are not marked for direction or speed. Very technical.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode