Favorite Music - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-11-2002, 06:07 AM Thread Starter

Favorite Music

What's your favorite type of music. Wondering if there's a trend with people who ride sport bikes. I like trance and hard rock. Anything that gets my pulse going. Same as riding.

If anyone else is into trance, give me some good DJ picks. I'm still new and am into Oakenfold and Van Dyk....need some help with others.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-11-2002, 06:15 AM

no trance or techno for me, but good hiphop, rap and rock are cool, nothing sappy, I can't afford to fall asleep at the wheel
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-11-2002, 06:32 AM

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
Nothing gets me pumped up like Metal. Fast and loud.

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-11-2002, 10:12 AM

Everything really.
But I LOVE trance.

Willy.
Paul oakenfold rocks, look up some of his live sets on Kaaza.
Oakenfold Tranceport is on of my faves to ride to.
Also try Kimball Collins Generation trance, a staple for me.
Orbital is very good, try Orbital Halcyon on and on, used in a few movies, but it's one of the best trance songs around.
Trance controle is great, but you have to find them online, no CD's that I know of.

Digweeds cool

also the guy that owns sportbikes.net is also a dj, and a very good one at that .www.djrezin.com check it out.
Sasha
Cirrus
I got more but, but this is a good start. If I set my techno FTP back up I'll PM ya the info, tons of live sets and rare stuff.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-11-2002, 10:23 AM

be careful using kazaa, it has crashed my computer several times, I recently started using winmx, much better and no problems
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-11-2002, 10:25 AM

I'm a music teacher, so by nature I listen to everything...but I used to be a big trance/ house junky...I still listen to it on occasion...I would suggest checking out sasha, jon digweed, danny tenaglia (though more house), frankie bones, carl cox and there are a ton of other good dj's out there...the problem that this style of music has taken a left turn and gone from underground producers making the music and then the dj's being dj's and spinning the music, to the dj's making the music and trying to get credit for doing both (producing and spinning like moby, fatboy slim)...the best dj's stick to doing what they should be doing...spinning...also, don't forget to trace the roots of trance back to disco...there are a ton of good disco 'reckids' from the 70's, and soul, and r&b(though it wasn't r&b 'till the 80's)...and once you get good at picking out the samples of today's trance tunes (and tracing them back to the originals), you will get upset that there is so much robbery and start listening to the artistry of the producers(not the performers) of all kinds of music (pop, rock, modern rock, classic rock, hip hop, r&b) and then you'll see how important baroque, classical and romantic music is and start listening to that, and you'll wander back and forth and in between deciding that there are a few tunes with elements from all genres of music...but never...you will never ever in a long time try to listen to country...because that is the bane of human exsistence (except for instrumental bluegrass...that stuff rules!!!
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-11-2002, 10:30 AM

Metal all the way!!!!!!!!! \m/ \m/
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-11-2002, 10:53 AM

post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-11-2002, 11:25 AM

thats what I had I believe, maybe I just got a bad copy, but I'm sticking with winmx for now, any idea where I can download new release movies directly from a sight, tried to get triple x from winmx and kazaa and couldn't do it. so I'm looking for a sight directly to get it from instead of another person.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-11-2002, 11:51 AM

Nope, sorry, movies arent my thing.
But I hear news groups are where all the movie guys go
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode