G-friend on the back!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-11-2002, 05:55 AM Thread Starter

G-friend on the back!!

Hey y'all,
I'm still new here but got a great story. Been dating my girlfriend for over a year and a half and she's always been telling me I should sell my bike. I on the other hand have been wanting to upgrade.

Anyway, yesterday was the first time she agreed to ride on the back. I took it very easy accelerating, braking and thru the turns. She was comfortable and when we were done she said, "I can see how that is fun, I think I can do that again".

PROGRESS!!! Figure if I keep taking it slow, she'll keep coming back for more. Any more advice on keeping her into the sportbike world??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-11-2002, 06:03 AM

Smile

i think it is great that she liked it!!!! soon she will want to ride herself ...just give it time....i am a female rider and never rode on the back .. i was just a dare-devil and hopped on and rode (scared as SH**) but i did..... just take it easy with her for a while ! GOODLUCK!!!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-11-2002, 06:33 AM

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
Thats cool. Good job on breaking her in slowly. But i have to admit, i thought this was going to be about riding your friend on the back, who is also a "G".

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-11-2002, 07:04 AM

Get her to do the MSF course with you. I'm a brit with an american wife and even though I had been riding in the UK for a few years I took the MSF course aswell to convince her that biking is fun. She actually came top of the class with a 100% score and beat me by 1% (though I think the instructors were having a bit fun with me). It was a great confidence booster for her and now she is considering a bike of her own.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-11-2002, 08:02 AM

I agree 100% with Scotsman, take the MSF with her.

Tell her you want to brush up on YOUR skills and take the class (over again?) and wouldn't it be fun for her to come along even though she'll never want her own bike (ie keep it 110% casual and not thinking at all about her getting a bike for herself).

Even if she never does want a bike of her own she'll have seen how they work and had a chance to take some of te mystery fear out of the issue.

BTW, good job on keeping her first ride low stress and fun. All too often we try to give a 'good' ride and endup scaring the shite out of passengers. I always ask how fast THEY want to go and respect that number.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-11-2002, 08:21 AM

I was in the same situation but my girlfriend was a little more reluctant (she is a nurse in an emergency room) You can imagine the stories I have heard.

I rode for almost a year on a Ninja 250 before she asked to go for a ride. Like you, I took it nice and slow. Not much choice 2-up on a 250. Now she loves it. I recently bought a F4 and she wants me to keep the 250 so she can learn on it.

If I can make progress with an ER nurse, anyone can.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-11-2002, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tippmann
Thats cool. Good job on breaking her in slowly. But i have to admit, i thought this was going to be about riding your friend on the back, who is also a "G".

Funny cause I thought the same thing.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-11-2002, 10:04 AM

I took my girlfriend with me to the MSF course..she was actually throwing up a week before the start of the course because of nerves...and she hated the first day of riding...she thought it was way to dangerous...at the beginning of the second day of riding, she had done a complete turn around and is dying for a bike of her own...though, she doesn't like to ride on the back of mine...she wants one all to herself
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-11-2002, 12:34 PM

sounds great, except for the throwing up part. Just don't let her get so excited that she gets outta hand. Maybe if you trust her enough you can ride two up with her in the front saddle. and if you also trust her enough let her practice getting bette ron parking lots and stuff first then take her out and let her drive.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-13-2002, 09:32 AM

Talking

Next time when she wants another ride have her wear a G-string.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode