"You will drop your bike" - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

"You will drop your bike"

Ok, I see this all the time, I mean come on has everybody dropped their rides here? The only time I dropped my old bike was on my front lawn when I lost my footing and I just eased it over, no damage. I keep reading about how it will happen, I mean shit there's no way I am going to drop my new motorcycle, it's too damn expensive. There must be some riders out there who haven't had an accident???? The thought of it makes me cry...well allmost.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 04:09 PM
R1-Racer

I myself have not had a real accident. The only time I dropped a bike was my 1987 Honda CBR 600. I was going down a gravel road about 2 mph when I noticed something across my path, barbed wire....I grab the brakes and she slid out from under me. I pulled in the clutch and my throttle grip slid and the bike was screaming at full throttle. I managed to pull the bike upright without letting go of the clutch. I'm sure if I let the clutch go, something interesting might have happened. I've been riding for 6 years now and I'm doing fine. (knock on wood)
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 04:10 PM
Dad

Re: "You will drop your bike"

Quote:
Originally posted by maDDtraPPer
Ok, I see this all the time, I mean come on has everybody dropped their rides here? The only time I dropped my old bike was on my front lawn when I lost my footing and I just eased it over, no damage...
Hey, a drop's a drop. Maybe that's your one and there won't be another. I wish you luck but if you're new, the odds are badly stacked against you. Good luck!

Keeping the "Hap" in "Happy Holidays"!

Regime change begins at home.

Blind patriotism is worse than no patriotism.

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 04:14 PM

Been riding for 8 years...no MSF course...and no drops yet.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 04:57 PM

Last two bikes have been on their sides, both at 0 mph! Wife knocked one over, and a mechanic dropped the VFR!
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 05:13 PM

There will always be some lucky ones, but after 5 yrs, chances are you had a minor incident, come 10 yrs & pretty sure something happened, then into 20 yrs & if you have still not had some sort of minor incident ---- I wonder if you actually ride more then once a week!!!!!!
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by swngr2
Been riding for 8 years...no MSF course...and no drops yet.
It always comes when you get too confident... like a thief in the knight.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 06:12 PM

only had my bike a month and almost dropped it twice...once because of inexperience (stopped too quickly while trying to back into a parking spot)...the bike actually touched the peg before I caught it and lifted it back up...(and yes, kawis are a bit heavy)
the second time I was adjusting my helmet in a parking lot and lost my balance...I jumped off the seat and caught it with both hands before it fell over...
it's enough to get the heart pumpin' that's for sure
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 08:08 PM

I have dropped every bike I've ever had at least once Usually no damage, sometimes a surprising amount ($$)

Mostly due to foot slipping or just not paying attention like facing the bike down a slightly slanted driveway
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 09:36 PM

I came about this >< close to dropping my bike when I first got it in July.. It was about 2am. I stopped at an intersection and I thought i geared all the way down to 1st, but i was actually in 2nd. So I started out fine, then about 1/2 a second later it started to stall. I wasn't ready for it, and the bike started to fall to the left, I plant my left foot down while the bike's 1/2 way towards the ground and managed to pull it back up. I then restarted the bike, looked around if anyone saw (Thank god no one did ) and continued on my way home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode