Free motorcycle medical info stickers - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-06-2002, 05:02 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation Free motorcycle medical info stickers

Free Emergency Medical Decals Could Save Your Life

By: SPEED Staff

Boynton Beach, FL, August 4

About two months ago, a friend of Dave Kimmey, president of Engine Ice, was at a local motocross track and got hurt bad enough to get flown out. As if that wasn't enough, he had brought his five-year-old son with him.

A riding buddy was there, but he soon realized that he only knew the downed rider's name and home phone. That was no help, being no one was at home and he didn't know what to do about the rider's five year old boy. Sound familiar?

Kimmey realized that many riders do not have and/or, do not carry any emergency information on them when they're riding. Many tracks only require you to sign a waiver, but keep no actual information on each and every rider.

Engine Ice has decided to help do something about this by providing FREE Emergency Medical Decals as a public service to anyone who rides or races a motorcycle (street or dirt).

The decal is made from a high quality vinyl, specially coated with a write-on surface, and is the size of a business card so it fits cleanly on a helmet. On the card is space for riders name, Date of Birth, Medical Allergies, Medical History and Emergency Phone #.

"This could save your life or the life of a friend. Myself and the staff at Engine Ice hope that by year's end, every rider will have one of these, or something similar on his or her helmet," said Kimmey.

To receive your free Medical Decal, send a Postage Paid, self-addressed envelope to:

Engine Ice
Dept.: Medical Decals
707 SW 3rd Ave
Boynton Beach, FL 33426
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 09:53 AM

Super!

I started doing something similar years ago using a label maker to record my name and blood type and sticking it on my helmet.
Kudos to Engine Ice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode