Anyone listen to music while riding? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-31-2002, 11:42 PM Thread Starter

Anyone listen to music while riding?

Hey all,

I have been interested in finding a music player (cd/mp3) that I can listen to while riding the bike. I currently wear ear plugs, and was wondering what you guys do for tunes while riding? I may be taking an 1600 mile ride over my vacation, and I have got to find somthing.

I noticed some of the Chatterbox type comunications devices have FM radio, but I have no need for that since I ride alone.

So if your reading this and you listen to music while you ride, what kind of player, and what type of head phones do you use?

Thanks in advance,
Sheridan

1997 Yamaha YZF600R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-31-2002, 11:49 PM

mini disc player.. about 150 to 250 dollars.... compact and easy to use.. although your real question should be about the type of headphones ppl use. any format music will work, cept cd might skip about half the times.. MD's dont skip.. mp3 players are probably a little more expensive.. such as the apple ipod... but holds tons of songs.. some depend on the memory stick you own. ...

i knew someone that had a chatterbox setup on his helmet that juss replaced the chatter with an MD player on the side of his helmet.. it look tight... uhh, Nice..

but getting a good set of headphones is the real question and i have no input on that.. no experience..
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-01-2002, 05:24 AM

I have the Chatterbox FRS X2 installed in my helmet, and plug my MP3 player into it. Works great, and if I don't want to listen anymore just turn the chatterbox off (a lot easier than trying to screw with the stop button on your cd/mp3 player).

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-01-2002, 08:22 AM

Years ago my dad got a flight helmet from one of his Navy buds. It already had speakers in it and he just hooked up a radio to them. Looked a bit odd but he had tunes! Don't know if that would work today as the flight helmet is probably not DOT rated. They're only good enough for Mach 3!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-01-2002, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BanditBoy
Looked a bit odd but he had tunes! Don't know if that would work today as the flight helmet is probably not DOT rated. They're only good enough for Mach 3!

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-01-2002, 12:35 PM

currently using cd player with earbuds. switching to mp3 VERY soon. using them through the chatterbox is a great idea. only time i use music is on long solo rides.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-03-2002, 05:26 PM

Creative Labs NOMAD Jukebox.... 6 gig worth of MP3's!!
with Earbuds Can sort 'em by album, genre or playlists

CAUTION: Heavy Metal will get you at high rates of speed quick.

LOL
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-03-2002, 06:45 PM

I use a Rio 600 music player that cost about $125. Need to spring for more memory though, because stock it only holds about a dozen songs, at a decent download quality. No moving parts and the battery lasts for hours.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode