what do you do when you get windshield washed? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

what do you do when you get windshield washed?

just got back in from a couple hour ride by myself. i was coming up behind car after car and some would pull over to let me by and some i had to pass on double yellow. i came up behind a green f-250 and right when i was thinking "damn thats a nice truck" here comes windshield washer fluid like a bucket of water. i dropped back a little and threw up my hands as if to say what the hell? then i get a short straightaway, pass them, throw up the universal "i dont like you" hand sign and leave them. there was a chick driving and a dude in the passenger seat. he had a shaved head and a big neck (looked big) so i figured that maybe my 170 lb ass shouldnt try to actually start something too violent. i know its not that big of a deal, but you know how it is to just wash your bike and then get it sprayed down with soapy water thats just going to dry and leave spots, not to mention me getting all wet. anyway, what would you have done.

i thought it would be cool to wait for a nice long straight, get in front, flop it out, and soak them down but i figured im not that good of an aim and may get it all over me...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 02:06 PM

It doesn't go through many peoples' heads that windshield fluid will hit what's behind them. It wouldn't have been intentional. Just shrug it off and ride man, that's why you have a bike. Stress relief.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

naw

she must have held that button down for a full minute and the dude kept looking back so dont worry about it being a mistake.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 06:18 PM

It should not mess up your winscreen. I have had the same, only once home I cleaned the screen off immediatly & simply no problem.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

ok,

i will go wipe it off immediately, but what do i do about being pissed off?
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 10:51 PM

Find the lady and stuff a dead hooker in her trunk. Then call the cops. Always makes me feel better.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-31-2002, 07:24 AM

Dash: This is a simply question.

Simply do NOT become frustrated by others on the hwy. Become one of the POLITE m/cists in the streets/hwys & in that way your are not getting up in arms nor are you churned up inside then or later on. LOL
ACTUALLY it works for after yrs of riding nothing gets me frustrated, but must admit that often I am surprised at fellow riders & those in cages.
Mind you in those days there was no such thing as computers, so all one could do was tell, of something strange, to someone at work that understood the m/c world or fellow riders & at the m/c shops.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-31-2002, 07:55 AM

Re: ok,

Quote:
Originally posted by dash
i will go wipe it off immediately, but what do i do about being pissed off?
I agree with Smitty you should definately wipe off your windscreen imediately! As far as the whole flopping it out thing, I think that would be more an act of ballance rather than aim,....... I will tell you what dash. When i get home i will practice flopping it out on parked cars in my neighborhood. When i have the whole technique down i will post instructions in the how do i forum. Everyone can practice, and we can take a group ride to GA looking for a green f250.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-31-2002, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

Re: Re: ok,

Quote:
Originally posted by BigPapaPorsche

I agree with Smitty you should definately wipe off your windscreen imediately! As far as the whole flopping it out thing, I think that would be more an act of ballance rather than aim,....... I will tell you what dash. When i get home i will practice flopping it out on parked cars in my neighborhood. When i have the whole technique down i will post instructions in the how do i forum. Everyone can practice, and we can take a group ride to GA looking for a green f250.
hell yeah kid, sounds like a plan
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-31-2002, 12:59 PM

I live in a farming area & actually a lot of fruit orchards.

I was a full time fruit orchardist for 11 yrs & often down the road a chap on a sprayer would not cut off the sprayer soon enough at a turn by the road, or there would be a bit of a wind & the drift might have you in your cage or on you bike covered with lime-sulpher & oil or some other material --- so first thing was to any place where there was a hose to wash down the cage or bike & self.
Believe me NO orchardist intended for that mistake, but it was simply part of life. Same with that woman cage driver that probably never realized the windshield washing material actually carried over the top.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode