Where do you park in a shopping center - sidewalk or parking lot - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
View Poll Results: Where do you park while shopping or at work?
I always park on the sidewalk 14 29.17%
I park in the parking lot where ever there is an available spot. 22 45.83%
I park way out in the furtherest spot available - away from everyone 4 8.33%
Someone spank me I'm being bad 8 16.67%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-25-2002, 09:17 PM Thread Starter

Where do you park in a shopping center - sidewalk or parking lot

Hey I was just wondering where the majority of people park there bikes when they go shopping (albertsons, sporting store etc.) or when they are at work?
I always park on the sidewalk - always.
I was at work the other day and another employee say me parking my bike on the sidewalk. He asked me if anyone had explained the parking policy to me - park in employee parking. I promptly told him that when I bring my car to work I would be more than happy to park in the emloyee area, but will be parking my bike on the sidewalk. I explained to him that I have never, ever had anyone complain about it or make it an issue. I told him that I didn't park in the lot because people will hit your bike, roll carts into it etc.. and that I was not having any of that.

I also talked to another guy at work who parks his bike in the lot and a few days earlier had been hit. THe person wasn't paying attention and hit his bike, knocked it over and did a lot of minor damage. Evil

Jim out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-25-2002, 11:39 PM

Sidewalk. I almost always do unless there will be several bikes in one spot.
That is for school, work, mall, etc.
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-26-2002, 04:22 AM

would like to

I would like to ride into work every once in a while, but i work in a high rise office building not sure if the building management would complain about me parking on the sidewalk. All of the parking garages arround the area won't accept bikes ( not sure why ). The only other place to park would be on the street and i wouldnt feel safe doing so. So i took the bus again today.

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-26-2002, 06:15 AM

Thought it was illegal to park on the sidewalk.
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-26-2002, 06:35 AM

One of these days it's gonna get knocked down.

I rarely park on the sidewalk. I dont know if it is illegal to park on the sidewalk or not (here).

MSF course says to treat the motorcycle as another motor vehicle and hopefully be treated as such by others. Why park it like a bicycle.
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-26-2002, 06:36 AM

True story...I received a parking ticket on day at the Pueblo Park Mall. I was looking for a parking spot when I noticed a group of four Hardleys already parked in two regular cage spaces. There was plenty of room left in one space so I parked my GSX-R750 amongst them....always looking to push a button or two.....anyways....when I return 30 minutes later I notice a parking ticket inside my windscreen. The other four Hardleys did not have a ticket on their rides....just mine . I wish I had my digital camera that day so I would have some ammo in court. I quess that is what I get for mixing with the WRONG CROWD.
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-26-2002, 07:06 AM

If they let you (sportbike) rider park on sidewalk ----

---& no child has touched the 'can' to cry out in pain due to the heat (remember that young children cannot stand HOT water for a batch, just imagine what it will be like if H/D, Cruisers & other types of bikes do the same then some young one ends up burning their hand on a header pipe ---- so give it some serious though.
In many towns, cities & States it is illegal to park on sidewalks.
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-26-2002, 07:13 AM

If they burn themselves, it serves them right for touching something that isn't theirs...

I hate little kids that can't keep their hands to themselves.

**edited for spelling**
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-26-2002, 08:05 AM

Arrow Parking your Investment

I won't consider parking my bike in the parking lot alonside cars. It's just too hard to see the bike as they're (drivers) looking for a spot closest to the door so their lazy asses don't have to walk more than 75 feet! A friend of mine bought a GSXR600 on a Fri. and on Sat. morning he parked at a local grocery store parking lot. He returned to his bike to find that someone had knocked it down and done about $800 worth of damage.

The possible ticket or harassment for parking on the sidewalk sounds cheaper to me.

RIDE ON....

Last edited by DobyTheDoggy; 07-26-2002 at 08:36 AM.
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-26-2002, 08:11 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Quote:
Originally posted by Gimpdiggity
If they burn themselves, it serves them right for touching something that isn't theirs...

I hate little kids that can't keep their hands to themselves.

**edited for spelling**
I usually park mine in the parking lot, but I agree with this. Its not the kids fault necessarily, most of them probably don't regularly see sportbikes, and a childs natural curiousity makes them want to touch it. I hate the parents that are too busy and can't be bothered to watch their rugrats and keep them under control. If you aren't willing to watch after your kids, you probably shouldn't have had them, and don't blame me when they hurt themself on my bike because you didn't watch them. Its not my job to babysit your kids.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode