Motorcycles NOT ALLOWED - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-24-2002, 10:23 AM Thread Starter

Motorcycles NOT ALLOWED

This gets kind of fustrating. I have been digging for more information since this incident happened, I am sure this will spark some conversation and hopefully some insite on my next move.

Last thursday ( 7/18/02 ) a couple friends and I were planning on meeting at a Bar/NightClub ( all motorcyclists ). When my friend and i rolled up to the place the security gaurds outside told us we had to leave. Obviously i asked the man why this was so, and he tells me because we showed up on motorcycles and motorcycles are not allowed at their establishment. Imidiately i ask for the manager. I asked her to explain why motorcycles are not permitted at their establishment. She comes back with the response that their is a local town ordinance that bans motorcycles from being there after 7:30pm. Now at this point i am wondering how and why they ( not sure who ) could pass such a law or ordinance blocking a legally registered inspected and insured vehicle from entering a public establishment. That night we had to go to "other" places that are motorcyclist friendly. The next day i started poking arround. Calling different township offices searching for anyone that has heard of theese anti motorcyclist laws with no avail. I did happen to get the phone number to a traffic enforcement officer that gave me some information not sure how valuable it is though. The officer basically told me that because the place has a liquor license they can discriminate at will blocking whoever that want!?!?!? This has consumed some time as it is, and i am wondering how much further i should take it. Please anyone chime in with suggestions comments,......whatever,....................

ohh yeah that was the night the brake lock thing happened,........it was a fun night
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-24-2002, 10:35 AM

I don't follow. You said, "....a law or ordinance blocking a legally registered inspected and insured vehicle from entering a public establishment."

Were you parking your bike on a public street (out front, nearby, whatever) and then walked to the club and were not allowed in because you came on a bike?

Or were you trying to bring your bike INTO the establisment?

Why would you have your bike..."entering a public establishment" ?

Sorry. It's just not clear to me.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-24-2002, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

Sorry I wasn't clear

The place was giving us the run arround. They wouldn't let us park in their parking lots. When we told them we would simply park in some other stores parking lot they told us that in order to be granted access to the inside of the club you had to arrive in a car. She was saying how that is another town ordinance.

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-24-2002, 11:43 AM

Would it be possible to park in their parking lot and have them call the police to get you to leave? Then the officer would have to ask you to leave and possibly state the local ordinance that you are apparently breaking. Just my thoughts.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-24-2002, 11:58 AM

Probably be more effective, and maybe more profitable, to have one of your group bring a video camera and get them refusing you admittance and telling you about the law on tape.

Then you go see an attorney.

I've been wrong before, but I just don't see how a town could enforce a law that decides arbitrarily that people on motorcycles are not entitled to the same service everyone else is.

Their parking lot may be for cars only, but I can't see the other part being legal.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-24-2002, 12:02 PM

That sounds completely bogus: like they might have had trouble with "bikers" at one time, and are trying to b.s. you. Have to arrive in a car? What about if you ride your trusty Schwinn? I kind of like the suggestion of having them call the cops, but maybe life's too short and this is a battle not worth fighting?
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-24-2002, 01:06 PM

Get some of your black friends to go there and get refused service. then let them sue. make sure you get your cut though. Hell jessie Jackasson would be over there raising hell.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-24-2002, 01:23 PM

Tell them to blow you. Go somewhere else. If that place is really cool, go in your car. Kinda like some bars around here you can't wear a hat in or go in if your shirt is not tucked in. Yeah a agree it's a stupid reason not to let you in. I got cut off recently at a bar back home after my 2nd beer because I wasn't eating. Sucks dude. Better luck next time.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-24-2002, 03:52 PM
UFO

A bar is not a "public establishment" they are a private business. As lame as their rule is, they can refuse service to anyone. Sounds like they're trying to hide behind some obscure city ordnance instead of just coming clean that they don't want bikers at their place.

Just get on your bikes and spend your money somewhere else. Their loss.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-24-2002, 04:01 PM

Sounds like they previously had a bad expierence with bikes. Screw 'em take your business elsewhere.

J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode