Open Invitation to a Party - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-24-2002, 06:58 AM Thread Starter

Come ride some twisties, have some food, and have some fun.

I'm going to post this in the open forum as well since its not just a mid-west thing (I have a couple guys coming from a long way away.

The weekend of August 16th-18th I'm hosting a motorcycle get together here in Tell City, IN. I'm expecting anywhere from 15-30 bikes from various forums (guess more could show but I don't expect it). If you are interested (search Tell City, IN 47586 in mapquest) in coming then you can reply by email ([email protected]) or reply to this thread. If there is interest I can give more detail.

Its open to any kind of bike and any kind of rider so long as you don't act like an ass or like to ride drunk.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
edit add-on with more info to be posted below.

Last edited by H-Man; 07-31-2002 at 10:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-31-2002, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

Ok, I will be finalizeing the ride route this saturday with a riding buddy of mine. I THOUGHT I had the route figured out last sunday but on that ride I found that about 2 miles of 145 is shut down. Rode it anyway (and could have used a dual sport) and about dropped the SV. Nothing but gravel, hills, rocks (big), holes, and loose silty dirt.

SO... this Saturday Brian and I will go run the new proposed route (also a longer route) and see what run time is on it. It will basically be an altered version of the route I ran sunday. Should come in near 150 miles total. Maybe a little more.

Anyway, if you are coming for the get together the 16th-18th then make sure to bring a camera. We will be checking some nice views out along the ride on Saturday (the 17th).

Such as Huffman Mill Bridge. One of the relatively few covered wooden bridges left in the U.S. I'd love to get a shot of all the bikes lined up in front of this bridge.

We will also be going along the river for quite some ways and in many places there are some great elevated views looking over into Kentucky.

The roads are really nice and I'll be moving at a calm (somewhat quick) pace for much of it but I HIGHLY doubt that I'll be riding above anyones abilities.

Friday evening we'll meet up at whatever local we decide is best (depends on number of people coming) but probably either at the hotel parking lot or somewhere near it. We will probably go to dinner or head to my house to hang for the evening.

Saturday morning, meet for breakfast at "the lighter side". A small restaraunt that an old friend owns in town. Some fantastic French Toast to be had there. Head out for the ride. Stop along some various points for picture taking. Eventually we will have to make a choice. Either eat lunch at the Dock (if anyone is hungry or not I won't know because I'm not sure if there will be enuf time between breakfast and lunch) or head on into Corydon and grab some ice cream at a local place there. Then we will back track a little bit and head down the "overlook road" as some call it. Some very nice views from up there.

After that we'll come back down to 66 and follow it back to Tell City. Along this route you'll get the pleasure and joy of checking out Gypsie's Curve. Otherwise known as "H-Man's Bane" LOL a.k.a. The One That Bit Me.

Saturday evening will probably be hangtime at the house with the grill fired up with some orange marinaded chicken breast (a.k.a. Good Shit!) and some of rhonda's personal recipe fruit punch. Don't blame me if you can't stop drinking it. I've got a propane lantern and a radio so we can sit out there as long as you wish. Also have some "natural ingrediant" bug repellent if anyone wants it or needs it.

Sunday morning we can go have breakfast. If anyone wants a little more riding before they head home I can accomadate but I figure most will head out immediatly following breakfast.

Thats it for now I believe. Any questions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode