Life is rough - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2002, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

Question Life is rough

too many good bikes to choose from now a days..

except.. a 750..

im looking for a new bike as my monster is now sold.. sold cuz it wasnt an exciting bike to ride, and i didnt like the seating position.

anyhow the question..
I plan on doing track days, and lots of twisties "at a pace" and some regular around town riding..

because of track days, i dont want a 1000cc inline 4, you juss dont need it! well, i want to learn how to ride on a smaller bike.. *you can never really have enough power*

now with the liter bikes out of the question, the only 750 worth looking at to me is the GSXR, IMO but it seems a little dated compared to the current mix,

and now to throw in the fact that im also looking at an RC 51,

what would you guys do? how come they dont make more 750 models? and im not a big 600 fan, unless i was looking for a pure track bike..

does this sound like a dilemma? or am i juss being too picky?

does power of an RC compare to a GSXR 750?

trying to make a track day soon,

help..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2002, 05:21 AM

I think you need to actually RIDE a 750 Gixxer befor eyou start making comments about how "dated" they are. That is THE best stock bike out there. Don't believe me????Go to the track and see what more people race and win with consistently right out of the box. I can gaurantee that YOU will NEVER come CLOSE to riding that "dated " gsxr to it's fullest. Jimmy G
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2002, 05:58 AM

what do you mean youre not a fan of 600's, there are so many to choose from. everyone loves a 600. the gsxr 750 is really close to a 1000. i dont think theres a hell of a difference except .25 liters. maybe thats why no one makes 750's, cuz everyone already makes a 1000.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2002, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

about the "datedness" of a gixxer750, i was referring to aestethics of the bike. and i have ridden a gixxer750, and i owned one for a year, i put 15,000 miles on it, lots of it is from the canyons, so i figure i know what a 750 is about. Lastly myy point about pushing a 750 to its limits, i think its a whole hell of a lot easier than pushing a thousand cc gixxer to its limits.

about the 600's, most beginner probably dont push them to the limits before they move on to a bigger bike. in this day, its right on to a liter bike far too soon. I think the 750 is a good middle bike with plenty of power to keeep me happy, not too much, not too little..

and when isaid, "except 750", i meant there wasnt a variety to chooose from like the other classes.. i juss like the power of 750,

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-22-2002, 09:05 AM

If I were looking for a general purpose bike for track, canyons and street, I'd probably get an SV650.

They make lots of race stuff for them. They are very competitive and easy to ride. They are faster, for many people than bigger bikes.

Also, heh, heh, I haven't even found the limits of my GS500 at the track yet (my own limits keep getting in the way).
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-22-2002, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Joss

Also, heh, heh, I haven't even found the limits of my GS500 at the track yet (my own limits keep getting in the way).
lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode