steering stabilizer? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
View Poll Results: Do you use a steering stabilizer?
yes 7 36.84%
no 12 63.16%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-14-2002, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

steering damper?

I was curious to see how many people use steering dampers?
Also, is it more important to have one if you use your bike for track riding?

Last edited by HBzx6r02; 07-14-2002 at 10:01 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-14-2002, 10:33 AM

You do not need a damper for street use. There are a few exceptions as far as specific bikes, but the later models of those bikes had dampers from the factory. But you probably do not need lots of things people install on sportbikes, but if you feel good putting it on and can spend the dough, why not?

Racing? Or just occasional track riding? If racing, get a damper, you might need it. Possible you may need for just track days only. It is cheap insurance, that is one way to look at it.

Scott's has the easiest to install but they are also the most expensive. Hypertech, Storz, Ohlins, they are all good units, there are others too, depends on who makes one to fit your bike. I had Storz on my race bike, a Duc. That was AFTER I had a bad tank slapper.

Fuster

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster, and treat those two imposters the same....you'll be a Man, my Son!"

- Rudyard Kipling
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-14-2002, 05:02 PM

Yes i have a scotts on my R6. I really think it was worth the money i spent. But thats just me.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-14-2002, 09:40 PM

As mentioned before...................For the street it is not really necessary. But for competition, A MUST! Matter of fact, some race bodies require the use of a stabilization device for safety reasons. This is a Tech Item as mentioned.

Even for the ZX6!

Johnny
Team No Limit Racing &#169 1996-2002
http://www.teamnolimitracing.com
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2002, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by fuster
You do not need a damper for street use. There are a few exceptions as far as specific bikes, but the later models of those bikes had dampers from the factory. But you probably do not need lots of things people install on sportbikes, but if you feel good putting it on and can spend the dough, why not?

Racing? Or just occasional track riding? If racing, get a damper, you might need it. Possible you may need for just track days only. It is cheap insurance, that is one way to look at it.

Scott's has the easiest to install but they are also the most expensive. Hypertech, Storz, Ohlins, they are all good units, there are others too, depends on who makes one to fit your bike. I had Storz on my race bike, a Duc. That was AFTER I had a bad tank slapper.
What he said.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode