almost went down! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-11-2002, 08:03 AM Thread Starter

almost went down!

It was the scariest shit ever. It was my last run of about 15 i had made up and down this twistie road. I had been riding every time a little faster and when i decided that this would be my last run down before i went home, thats when it happened. It was weird because when i was at the top of the moutain before leaving i was asking my self "i wonder if riding bikes through twisties is mentally draining?" "[email protected] i guess so" Well on my way down i was just kicking back, taking all the corners low and hard, but not really punching it on the straight aways. And as i was driving i saw a speeding car go by, and thought to my self for a couple of seconds, I would love to race that guy, and with in those few seconds i forgott i was even driving the freaking bike, and i looked up to realize i was approaching one of the turns that always [email protected] me up. This turn is right after a long straight, so i'm usually going fast, its also all down hill. So i see this area and realize i'm going way to fast and panicked, like a retard i hit the breaks, and this hole time like a dumb as$ i'm looking at the freaking mountain that i'm about to run into. Out of freaking control the bike rides up on the side of the mountain like a dirt bike, and my legs come off and start hiting the ground trying to save my self, and the bike comes off the dirt and back on to the road, then i'm in the oppisite lane i'm suppossed to be in with my feet bounceing on the ground, and the bike wobbling back and fourth, and i some how, wake the FU(k UP and turn the bike into my lane and save everything!! I was telling everyone that it was the scariest $hit ever, but to be honest, it really wasn't that bad. Don't get me wrong, i was scared, but for some reason i didn't have this feeling like "get me off this death machine" right afterwards. , I think it was a real learing experiance, " to ALWAYS be ALERT!!" and also i'm thaking god for not making it a cliff that i road off.
well thats basically it. If any of you guys are from Los Angeles, it was right above the "Rock Store" on that sweet tasting twistie part. Actually can't wait to go back up and ride even harder and smarter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-11-2002, 08:09 AM

Re: almost went down!

Quote:
Originally posted by work765
when i decided that this would be my last run down before i went home, thats when it happened.
The last one is always the one that gets you.

Quote:
Actually can't wait to go back up and ride even harder and smarter

Glad you made it thru okay!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-11-2002, 12:42 PM

Yes later on in the day of RIDING ----

----that is when you are starting to tire out. Now DRIVING a cage is not so crucial as one is NOT balancing the four wheels
Also you lost your concentration as the cage went by you & even worse you begin to let your mind wander about what it would be like to chase him.
Three errors, tired & did not realize it, loss of concentration, & letting your mind wander off the handeling of the bike.
So darn lucky that you made it through this one without loosing bike & self in a spill. Put it up to EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE.
Lastly one RIDES a m/c like a bicycle, or a horse & DRIVES a cage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode