I keep hitting the Rev Limiter!!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-06-2002, 11:10 PM Thread Starter

Angry I keep hitting the Rev Limiter!!!

I noticed that the more I ride my '01 R6, the more I seem to hit the Rev Limiter. I don't do it on purpose, but the thing seems like it is losing power. Gears 1-4 suck, and it feels like I am killing the damn thing just to get it going. I am 5'10" 185lbs, do you guys think this makes a difference? (I am not fat, just pleasantly plump)
When I first bought the R6, everyting seemed fine, and she felt as if she had more than enough power. But now, it seems like I am always at redline, and it doesn't feel like I am really "moving". In the twisties, the ole' gal does good, but when I crack the throttle on the Interstate, I feel like a turtle. My question is, will I eventually fry my engine if I am always hitting the rev limiter. I know, I know, you are going to say "shift earlier", but I do. Or, am I expecting too much from a 600cc?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-07-2002, 11:17 AM

Talking

You have got comfortable with so you are riding it harder. I had the same problem. I felt like i was ringing its neck to much just to get it to do what i wanted. So I decided to step up and I bought an 02 R1. I pick it up tomorrow. I don't think i will have that problem anymore.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-07-2002, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by R6Racr
You have got comfortable with so you are riding it harder. I had the same problem. I felt like i was ringing its neck to much just to get it to do what i wanted. So I decided to step up and I bought an 02 R1. I pick it up tomorrow. I don't think i will have that problem anymore.
I too have been looking at the new R1's. I always thought the insurance would kill me quicker than the bike, so I waited. Well, I turned 25 a couple of weeks ago, and my insurance agent told me that insuring the R1 would only cost $22.00 per month, only 8 bucks more than my R6. So, as soon as I find a good enough deal, I am going to jump all over it. (I refuse to pay M.S.R.P.)
Let me know how the bike does once you pick it up. And no, I don't think you will have that "problem" anymore

Ride Safe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode