23,000 mile tune-up? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-29-2002, 03:59 AM Thread Starter

Wink Can you help me?

I just hit 23,000 miles and have a few questions pertaining to maintenance. Thanks to those of you who can help...

-Bike's never had a valve adjustment. Is one overdue? What's the going rate for a job like that?

-With frequent oil changes, spark plug changes, air filter replacement, etc..just how long will my baby run? Should i consider selling it?

-I tend to get some scary headshake on hard acceleration in 1st gear. Is this because of unequal fork pressure, 16 inch wheel syndrome, or am i leaning back too much?

-If i did have to sell her, what should i be able to get for her? I would immediately get another bike of course. This is my second CBR900. Great bike!

As far as bike/rider history, i FREQUENTLY accelerate hard, bike is immaculately clean, no stoppies, lots of wheelies, commuter bike as well as twisties lover.

Thanks again guys/gals/undecided

Last edited by Ebola6; 06-29-2002 at 08:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-01-2002, 10:35 AM

I read in a motomag a few years ago about some dude with over 200,000 miles on his CBR900, so no, I don't think you need to worry about putting miles on it. Just stay on top of the maintenance, as you have been.

Can't comment on your other questions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode