Has anyone ever painted...... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-26-2002, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

Question Has anyone ever painted......

Has anyone ever painted, or know if it is possible to paint the stock windscreen black, to take out the glare?...Would it flake off? Is there an alternative to buying a aftermarket speedscreen?...Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-26-2002, 11:50 AM

Sure did.....

I had an 88 Ninja which had a faded windscreen. I used black spray-paint, followed by some spray on clear coat. It lasted for 2 years until I sold the bike.

Don't try to keep up with my life, you'll only get hurt.

-Mike
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-26-2002, 12:05 PM
Founder

Just make sure you paint the back of the screen and not the front. It will last much longer.

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-26-2002, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

I guess my main concern is that it will look "ghetto"... I'm not going for the "rigged" look..I'm just wanting to make sure that it will look good, and not flat..
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-26-2002, 06:17 PM

Hey man, cool to see someone else from Roanoke on here! Be careful about painting that screen. Last year when I got my bike inspected, the guy gave me a hard time about mine and it's just a smoke screen. He said you have to be able to see through it and he thought the tint was too dark. I told him that was ridiculous and he finally passed it. It all depends on where you take it I guess. I made the mistake of taking it to a dealer that time. If you decide to paint it and are not sure about the inspection, I'll check around and see if I can find a place that will pass it if you want though you may already know of a place. If you ever want to get together and ride let me know. My job is killing me right now but I try to squeeze in a ride or two on the weekends if I can.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-27-2002, 06:13 AM Thread Starter

Talking

Finally someone from around here... thats pretty cool... hey kawboy whats your email add., i got a couple of questions for ya..I know of a place that will pass almost anything for an inspection, and i plan on taking it there next feb..
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-27-2002, 08:09 AM

any real reason?

is there any real good reason you DON'T want to buy a new windscreen,....they only cost about $40,.....if it were me i would think the time spent prepping the screen and costs of paints and other supplies just to see if it would look ghetto are a complete waste of my time and would much rather buy one and if i dont like it i can return it,.....if you dont like your paint job u would proll HAVE to buy one then,.......btw i picked mine up at targa-acc.com
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-28-2002, 07:31 AM

Hey TRIPOD14, did you get the PM I sent you?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-28-2002, 07:51 AM Thread Starter

SHO DIDNT... WHEN DID YOU SEND IT?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-28-2002, 07:51 AM Thread Starter

SHO DIDNT... WHEN DID YOU SEND IT?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode