How Much to Change Tires - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-2002, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

How Much to Change Tires

My buddy recently got his tires changed (dunlop 207rr btw) on his f4, but the place he went to change it cost him at least 100 bucks, tire prices, front and back, not included. So is 100 bucks for labor to change tires seem too much or am I the only one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-2002, 07:41 PM

WOW....

you need to tell the name of that place...if you wanted to get screwed, you could have bought 2 k&n filters fot that price..
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-2002, 08:21 PM

That is way too much for mounting tires. I called a bunch of shops in my area and ended up paying $65 to have tires mounted that I bought on the internet. One shop quoted me $125....HOLY S*&T!!!! They must think they are the only ones who do it. Did your friend buy the tires at the shop and still have to pay that much?? That proce is high no matter what, but he got bent over double time if he bought the tires at the same shop that charged him $100 to mount them.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-2002, 09:24 PM

What a rip off... I paid $20 per tire bringing them in loose. They wanted another $20 per tire if I left them on the bike. For the price of a stand which I use for all kinds of other stuff it was well worth it. Be sure to shop around your shops, around here it was $20-$40/per tire.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2002, 07:34 AM
jrm

did the shop make any money on the tires? you didn't get screwed if you got the tires dirt cheap. you gotta look at the TOTAL. one shop in my area will mount tires free, but they charge more for the tires. FREE mounting does not mean you are getting a sweet deal.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2002, 12:22 PM

I paid $108.00 for front & rear mounting, on the bike. It was going to be $75.00 off the bike. All the shops in the area were close on price. I got my BT010's from on-line for $179.00/pair, delivered so it wasn't a bad deal.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2002, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

they gave my buddy 20% off the front tire and 30% off the rear tire...they're a pretty small place, so I duno if they get a dealer discount or something like that
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2002, 01:41 PM

$11.95 if you buy the tire from cycle gear & they do not take the wheel off the bike, you bring it in.
$20.95 if you bring in your own tire from some other place/internet. Again they do not take the wheel off the bike, you bring it in.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2002, 01:48 PM
Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by AlwaysNewbie
they gave my buddy 20% off the front tire and 30% off the rear tire...they're a pretty small place, so I duno if they get a dealer discount or something like that
He bought the tires from them AND STILL had to pay an additional $100 for them to change them?

Jesus, your friend got SCREWED!

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-26-2002, 05:39 AM

For less than a hundred bucks he could buy all the tools necessary to change them himself. It's so easy to do...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode