bright lights or not - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2002, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

bright lights or not

bright lights at night or not?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2002, 06:37 PM

I say no brights, I just feel the low beams are pretty bright as it is and the brights, while they may make you just a tad more visible, are annoying to other motorists, and the last thing I want is to give everyone else ANOTHER reason to bitch about bikes.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2002, 08:11 PM

Brights at least during the day. Recommended by MSF (if I remember correctly) I get flashed with high beams and it is a good feeling that they saw me.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2002, 08:15 PM

Ride with your lights on HIGH in the evening-----

----& you are asking for trouble. No ONE will accept some fool m/cist with his lights on high.
Try that one & do not be surprised if a cage driver does not turn around, follow & hit you from the rear with intent to harm you & REMEMBER someone in a cage is better balanced then any of us are on two wheels.
If you find your lighting is not good enough when riding a m/c in the evening then two choice being to NOT ride at night or time to get off a m/c & shift to a cage.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2002, 08:29 PM

Exclamation Re: bright lights or not

Quote:
Originally posted by suzuki69
Apparently I dont read very well

No brights at night.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-24-2002, 06:22 AM

flashed WITHOUT highs on

I get flashed CONSTANTLY as it is with my normal beams on i cant imagine if i had my highs on,.........
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-24-2002, 10:28 AM

Re: bright lights or not

Quote:
Originally posted by suzuki69
I reed gud...

Missed the NIGHT thing. Sure, use them like in a car, just remember to turn them off with oncoming traffic.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-24-2002, 04:29 PM

Allow me to follow with slowrat-----

---in that I to made a slight error.
Like slowrat says one uses the high beam at night like one will do when driving a cage yet ALWAYS drop the lights to LOW when oncomming traffic is expecting said lights to be lowered.
Know I do not fit with others, but I use to ride in the day time with my lights on HIGH.
Friend of mine pointed out when in a cage (this is a fellow m/cist) he could NOT see my STOCK signal lights operating.
This I could not believe till I did some experimenting & sure enough he was right. SO now I ride with my lights on LOW during the day time & this has been some 6 yrs of riding with my lights on LOW).
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-24-2002, 07:52 PM

stupid question!

umm...do running w/ brights affect performance in any way, cuz it takes away from the power generated by the engine? prolly not huh, but i just wanted to make sure. i know, i'm stupid
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-24-2002, 08:54 PM

Re: stupid question!

Quote:
Originally posted by AlwaysNewbie
umm...do running w/ brights affect performance in any way, cuz it takes away from the power generated by the engine? prolly not huh, but i just wanted to make sure. i know, i'm stupid
Negligable, but all those extra photons shooting out the front and Newtons 3rd law, for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, and the fact that light, while behaving as waves of energy, also displays particle behavior and has certain properties of mass, we can assume that putting both lights on will yield a higher opposing force to your bike's forward motion. Thus the brighter the light, the more photons, the slower your bike will be. A simple solution to this problem would be to install brighter tail lights to provide a propelling force from the rear of the motorcycle. Equal wattage bulbs front and rear would give a 100% cancellation of headlight and tail light forces. I will give you updates on my light-propelled car as I get to the testing phase.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode