bar end mirrors - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2002, 05:55 AM Thread Starter

bar end mirrors

hey guys what do you think of these on a street bike? what are the dissadvantages of them? does anyone have a picture of a cb750 or another naked bike with them? thanks

oh and does anyone know how hard it is to paint chrome, I used to work in a body shop but never had to do it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2002, 07:49 AM

I would imagine if you roughed the chrome up a little bit they should take paint fine. Never painted over anything chrome before though. Bar end mirrors do look pretty sweet on the naked bikes imo.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2002, 07:56 AM

I would imagine if you roughed the chrome up a little bit they should take paint fine. Never painted over anything chrome before though. Bar end mirrors do look pretty sweet on the naked bikes imo.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-23-2002, 06:04 PM

I have a lockhart phillips bar-end mirror on my GS500. I put it on becouse the stock mirrors vibrated like crazy going down the highway, plus I think it really cleans up the look of the bike. Visibility is actually quite good with the bar-end, it is concave which gives you an even better view behind you. My stock mirrors offered an excellent view of my shoulders, while the positioning of the bar-end offers a much more unobstructed view. A lot of people say bar-end mirrors are "just for looks" but I have found it to be extremeley functional.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-24-2002, 05:19 PM

Bar end mirrors was the first upgrade on my V11Sport Guzzi and I thing they are a real improvement. I really hated these ugly stock mirrors.

Now they look really good, improve functionality a lot and also bring the vibration to enjoyable level. If I only knew how to post pictures...
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-24-2002, 05:30 PM

O yeah, chrome painting:

I painted mine with excellent results. After some roughing with a sandpaper (not much really) the paint looks fantastic and holds perfectly since last September. Maybe it is important to use a proper paint for the job - the one I used was "Weather Shield" Rust Coat can of alkyd paint, flat black of course, which I picked up at local hardware store for a few dollars.

My mirrors are Japanese Napoleon brand and they also come in black, but it is a shiny black and I would paint it flat just the same - it look much better flat IMO.

Last edited by Janusz; 06-24-2002 at 05:35 PM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-25-2002, 07:37 AM
jrm

Not sure what you had in mind for mirrors, but check out a bicycle shop. I sell various mirrors that work on moto-bars. Last ones I sold for moto use went on an SV650 to a guy who has used them for years. Mirrycle is the model and they are only $15/each in BLACK.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-25-2002, 08:38 AM

Interesting! I've been wondering about this myself. I've changed the bars on the Bandit and I also get a good view of my shoulders now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode