New Frame Slidders - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2002, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
GIX

Talking New Frame Slidders

My wife bought me some frame slidders for Fathers Day (Whatta Woman). I just put them on today. The right one spends and the left one don't. I have it as tight as I can get it without stripping the bolt. Should I worry about this? I was planning on checking them and making sure they were still tight after each ride for a couple of weeks. They look nice. I don't plan on testing them out though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2002, 07:45 PM

a couple lock washers should cure your spinning problem.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2002, 07:59 PM

Re: New Frame Slidders

Quote:
Originally posted by GIX
My wife bought me some frame slidders for Fathers Day (Whatta Woman). I just put them on today. The right one spends and the left one don't. I have it as tight as I can get it without stripping the bolt. Should I worry about this? I was planning on checking them and making sure they were still tight after each ride for a couple of weeks. They look nice. I don't plan on testing them out though.
You do have a special gal there
Smart too.......protecting her guy & his second love

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2002, 08:17 PM

Possibly the wrong slider on the wrong side.

If you check often you will find one slider has a longer/deeper bolt & the other slider will have a shorter bolt.
Check on your instructions for the sliders should not spin.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-20-2002, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
GIX

I put them on like the instructions told me, because one slidder is longer than the other (the left is longer than the right). The bolts were already positioned in the slidders. I'll double check. Maybe the manufacture put the bolts in the wrong slidder by mistake. But I don't know, it might be aright because only the slidder turns not the bolt. Another thing is they have metal bushings in them. I just wanted to make sure because one I could turn the slidder and the other I couldn't.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-20-2002, 11:25 PM

Sound like you have taken a good look at the instructions. The answer might be as on mentioned earlier in putting in the addition of a spacer/washer to stop it from turning.
Remember this is all on alloy so do not crank the bolts to tight or you will strip the alloy threading.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode