turn signals - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-14-2002, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

turn signals

do you guys still have turn signals on your bikes, do you have to have them in your state. Here in NC you dont have to have them, but if you do have them, they have to work or you can get a ticket, same goes for state inspection.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-15-2002, 03:39 PM

Threw mine in the trashcan first day i had my bike. I've never had a problem in a year now. Just have to remember to use hand signals when "leo" gets behind you. I think the reartail looks so much cleaner with out them anyway.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-15-2002, 08:07 PM

Re: turn signals

Quote:
Originally posted by R6Racr
Threw mine in the trashcan first day i had my bike.
So, basically, you see no advantage in being able to signal your intentions to other traffic? Out of curiosity, how many years have you been riding, and how many miles do you ride per year?
Quote:
I think the reartail looks so much cleaner with out them anyway.
Yeah, and I think I'd look a lot cooler with my hair blowing in the breeze, my pecs bulging under a tank top, and my quads straining in a stylish pair of shorts, but reality makes its demands.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-16-2002, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by R6Racr
Threw mine in the trashcan first day i had my bike. I've never had a problem in a year now. Just have to remember to use hand signals when "leo" gets behind you. I think the reartail looks so much cleaner with out them anyway.
Mototech flush mounts for the front, an intergrator kit puts the rear signals into your brake lights has the same effect & still leaves you signals. Just my opinion.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-16-2002, 11:33 AM

When I was 16 I bought a Yamaha RD250. I got from a guy who came from Tenn. and the bike had no turn signals on it. Well, before the fine folks at the DMV in Virginia would register it for me, I had to put aftermarket turn signals on. They told me hand signals were not acceptable!
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-16-2002, 03:00 PM

Datadan you wouldn't know what clean looks like you have 2 VFRs. but thats just my opinion.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-2002, 05:46 AM

someone in an SUV is just waiting to give you guys a fender enema, but hey, your bike sure looks purdy! (not) oh and those intergrator kits? I was behind some guy the other day, and I found it hard as hell to notice when he signaled, especially when we had the sun to our backs, but hey, better dead and stylin than looking like a complete dufus with those useless and ugly blinkers...
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-2002, 06:59 AM

I left the stock ones on mine so people can see them. To me replacing your turn signals with little tiny ones falls into the same category as tinted headlight covers. And as a bonus I didnt spend any extra money. The only mods to them I would like to make someday when I have the time is put the front style turn signals on the back also, so they can be on all the time. Personally I use my signals every day and for the most part people respond to them as they should. Inside the brake light is not a good place for turn signals because people who dont ride bikes may not understand it or think to look there.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-2002, 07:42 AM
elo

In Arizona, you don't have to have turn signals... BUT! if you don't you are required to use hand signals.

I have opted for smaller but not micro-sized Lockhart Phillips turn signals. If I'm thinking the cagers don't see my signals, I use hand signals even though they don't know what those mean anyway.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-2002, 07:44 AM

Like Nick & so many others I leave the stock signal lights on the bike AND USE THEM constantly.
The tucked away ones look good, only the cage drivers have a heard enough time seeing our m/cs & who knows, but they may believe the 'wave' so many feel is a MUST that it all the person is doing when signalling a left or right turn WITHOUT signal lights & mow the poor biker down.
True they stick out & are lst to get bashed when a bike is spilled, but what the 'ell so is safey riding gear in being costly & not always comfortable ESPECIALLY in hot weather.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode