Double Bubble or Sport Touring Windscreen?? HELP!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2002, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

Double Bubble or Sport Touring Windscreen?? HELP!!

I've looked at several pics on the web, but haven't seen one of a Sport Touring screen on a ZX6E bike. Does anyone out there have one on theirs? How much higher DOES it sit than a Double Bubble? How bout some feedback on the DB's too? Who has 'em and how much wind does it really knock off over the factory?

Thanx for the help!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2002, 06:11 PM

I put a db on My F4 and it works much better than the stock one. I'm about 6' And It's not slaming my shield shut like the stocker.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2002, 07:30 AM
jrm

I had a long trip a few weeks ago and chose to try taping a windscreen extension to top edge. I made it out of cardboard and taped it on. I raised full edge of screen 2" and it made a HUGE difference! I want to buy a screen, too, but can't find any that are tall enough to replicate my experiment. I am 6'2" and don't really think a Speedscreen Euro will kick air up enough and DB screens don't look wide/tall enough either.

Cardboard looked ghetto, so I think I may try to find some rubber stripping that I can add to back edge to roll air up, keeping stock screen.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2002, 07:35 AM

I have a ZG sport-touring screen on my VTR. It's about 2" higher, and has a more rounded profile than stock. It keeps much more air off me, with the stock, then wind blast hit me right in the neck. I think they re-named their product line, so what was a sport-touring screen may now be something else. Call 'em and ask.

"Goat butts against hedge, and his horns become entangled."- Egg Shen
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2002, 08:00 AM Thread Starter

Can you send me a pic of your Sport Touring screen?? I want to see a good pic of what it looks like on. It has that "flip" at the top so I wanted to see if it wasn't too.. well... .uh... obtrusive looking. (trying not to sound to vain and concerned about appearance) I think the Sport Touring would be my best bet as far as knocking the wind off... but.... still want to retain the sportbike look and not a big ol' "goldwing" lookin screen.

Can email pic to [email protected]
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2002, 02:01 PM

I understand GIVI make an excellent screen, available in either the double bubble style, or a "Euro Flip" style.

The comment I got on the Givi what that fit, and thickness of plastic on them was superior to the Zero Gravity Double Bubble. I'm not sure about the pricing, but the good stuff always costs.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2002, 05:23 AM

I'll get a pic done sometime tonight, so you can see it on my bike, anyway.

*see "my photo gallery" for a pic*

"Goat butts against hedge, and his horns become entangled."- Egg Shen

Last edited by inanima; 06-17-2002 at 05:19 PM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2002, 06:56 AM Thread Starter

Thanx

Thanks man!! Can't wait to see the pic. I just ordered my Zero Gravity Sport Touring Dark Smoke windscreen!!! Total of 73.00 shipping and all. Can't wait to get it here!!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-21-2002, 04:14 PM

I remember reading an article in one of the cycle mags(don't remember wich one) bu they tested product that attaches to your existing wind screen, it is an edging like a platic trim the fits over the top of the windsrcreen, it has a spoiler like apearance, ad divert the wind up higher, and over your head, than stock. they seam to think it wasn't an all out cure for a touring replacent windscreen but did help a little.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-21-2002, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

Mine should be in Monday or Tuesday. (Zero Gravity Sport Touring)
But... due to a recent found CRACK in my frame, it won't get installed until I get my new frame in and swap everything onto the new frame.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode