Oh the Dilemas I face... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

Talking Oh the Dilemas I face...

Well I thought I had it all planned out... Sell the stang, get a job here at home, buy a bike, learn to ride it, be happy...

To make a long story, well...long: I hate my town and dont want to be here the whole summer, After two weeks of applying for jobs no call backs. For the past 20 years ive spent my summers at the Jersey Shore and I want to do it again this summer on my own.

I was going to use the money from the stang to buy the bike Ive had my eye on, a 99 F4. But that would mean spending all the money from the stang on the bike and insurance and gear.
Now I have the chance to work/live at the shore but the money needs to be paid upfront, money which I dont have laying around.

If I did my math right I could pick up a 96 F3 and still have money for the shore rent, house at school rent, gear and insurance.

Or I could wait until the end of the summer, save whatever money I could from the sale of the mustang, save up over the summer, and wait for bike prices to drop in the fall and get that '99 (or newer).
So the choice seems obvious....right?

Last edited by Kyle; 06-11-2002 at 05:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 08:42 PM

Yep, get the 96. Life sucks without a bike.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 10:10 PM
Founder

I agree, get the 96 and ride it for a few years and then get a brand new bike.

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 10:36 PM

I agree with the others. Buy the '96 & start having some fun. You can always move up to a better/newer bike later.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 06:19 AM Thread Starter

You guys drive a hard bargain Now, lets get this mustang sold, do I hear $5,000....5,100...do I hear 52, 52 anyone...?

Kyle
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 12:16 PM

Get a 92 EX500 if that's all you can afford!!!! Screw it, get the F3. The F4 wasn't that much of an improvement anyway so if you're gonna go used (which I fully reccomend) you might as well save as much as you can by buying a few years older. F3 is plenty of bike for a beginner or an experienced rider.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

Yea im starting to do the figures now and im hoping that I can find a decent F3. The local dealer (cycle world) has a 96 F3 with 7K on it but their askin quite a bit for it.
I was thinking today and Ive wanted to start riding for about a year now... spent that year keeping my eyes and ears open and taking in everything I could and I dont want to wait any longer. Thanks fellas.

Kyle
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2002, 08:08 AM

Definately get a used bike now, ride it all you can and get a new one later on. Riding is better than waiting.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2002, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Just a quick update for any still reading... The girl I was supposed live with backed out Im still trying to find a place for myself, but if not then its commuting 45 min to the beach, and one less (and large) payment.

Im still going to go with the older bike however. Put the rest of the money someplace where it will grow so I can play harder later

Kyle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode