I want a new bike - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-10-2002, 06:17 AM Thread Starter

I want a new bike

Hi fella's I'm new here. I was looking to get a new bike. I got a price of $9200 on a GSXR 1000, what kind of deal did you other guys get on these?

I was also wondering how many gears it will "power wheelie" in.
or smack the throttle and lift the front.

thanx for any info
Mauler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 08:00 AM

THE BIKE

i think you should try out the G-750 coming from the 6R maybe not. i could be wrong? it will be hard to rate your riding when your last bike was a cow/kawasaki the 750 is a way better bike than the 6R and a lot more forgiving. just to let you in. the G1 can be smacked up in 1st,2nd,and 3rd. don't know about 4th. havn't tryed it.

have you thought about any other bikes? the 929, and the 954 both are very good bikes also! i have them both and must say that i think thay both out handle the suzuki line. just get what you like and ride safe
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

thanx mr. 954
I put 24,000 miles on mine without ever going down. I came very close many times but made it. I don't push it hard when cornering, only straight line (I also drag race)
I have a lot of respect for these machines and have the will ower not to twist my hand more then I can handle. I've also ridden a couple R1's so I got a pretty good idea what I'm getting into if I get it.

by the way what is this yellow box I here of on here that comes with some of them? and I talked to a couple dealers that said the only power limiter on these is for top end. someone on here said that they are limited in first 3 gears. Which is true?

thanx for your help.
Mauler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode