what should I do? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

what should I do?

I just talked to the mechanic and he said he would have to pull the front wheel on my crashed zx9.the clip ons are not bent but when you turn wheel to the right full lock the clutch lever hits the fairing windscreen.I told him he could have first buybackrights if it is totaledsince I cant work on it competently myself(forks/swingarm.)this is what sucks...If it is totaled I"ll be lucky to pay off All of the loan..5811$.and wont be able to get another for a year or so... and if it is not totaled but completely fixed..I'll wind up with a shit bike that has been wrecked.but fixed.that will ride like shit. Can they REALLY get this thing riding like new again or am I screwed? plus If I ever sell or Trade I would have to tell them it was wrecked.I mean If you were buying it ..wouldn't you want to know?this mechanic is one of the best in the state!I'll know more tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 01:24 PM

hey man, I used to work in a body shop when I was younger. we once had this vette come in with the engine pushed all the way into he front seat, it was hit from the front and the side, the guy died. we litterally cut the car in half, and put it back together. the bodyshop owner still drives and races it today. if he knows what hes doing then have him fix it, then have a dealership certify the repair job. good luck, but don't let them total it, its better to have something nice then nothing at all.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 02:36 PM

You may not have much of a choice depending on what is broke/bent but it isn't that difficult to take care of a bike as long as the frame isn't bent. Frames can be repaired too but I doubt that any insurance company will NOT total one with the frame bent.

Bikes aren't as hard as cars to get the handling fixed after a crash and it is pretty damn amazing what they can do with cars now.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the replies. I do have the bike at a Kawasaki dealership.I know now I took having a bike for granted.The frame is ok. subframe? I can save the pipe and can. all plastic is badly scratched .I was hoping it was totaled but like you said ..a fixed bike is better than nothing at all. at this point I'd be happy on a 250 NINJA!!!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 11:58 PM
Retired Moderator

If the frame is OK, the subframe is not so important, it can be fixed easily and much more cheaply.
Maybe you could transform it to a 'naked' so you don't feel bad about plastics etc?

Aris
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-10-2002, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

not too happy

Tomorrow it will be 3 weeks my bike has been at the dealership and still no final word.they still have to pull the front wheel and check forks/triple clamp/etc.Inside I was pissed but did'nt show it cause the mech. is really good and don't want him to have an attitude with me while fixing my ride.. but they are behind plus 2 other mechs quit.the whole thing is up in the air as whether or not it will be totaled and it is driving me crazy.this thing is dragging on and on and on and......

Last edited by blackkaw; 06-10-2002 at 06:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode