R1 for 1st bike story - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-05-2002, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

Angry R1 for 1st bike story

brand new, belonged to a friend of mine, racing on a narrow curvey road, only had 500 miles on it and was his first bike (not too smart), couldn't take the curve and tumbled 140ft into the woods, broke both femurs, both arms, both shoulders, all ribs, had spleen removed, coma for a week or two, amputed left foot halfway down from his shin, and has spinal problems, he'll be able to walk again but it was a close one. BE CAREFUL....

Not my story just saw it and thought I'd post a link to it and the pic of the bike. Now the newbies can see why everyone says to stay the hell away from the liter bikes for a 1st ride.

This is from http://www.sportbikes.dhs.org/index....cture_ID=28934
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-05-2002, 04:39 PM

Damn motorcycles. Deathtraps, every one of them

It doesn't have to be fun to be "fun".
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-05-2002, 05:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
I could say the same thing about bathtubs. Damn deathtraps.

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-07-2002, 09:51 PM

kvpZX9R, what's your AFSC? Switch with me. You'll just love Beale Airplane Patch!
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-08-2002, 10:58 AM

I knew a guy in highschool that got killed while riding a 50cc scooter. No joke its true. He was ran over by a drunk driver in a 6.6 liter Trans AM.
He was dragged for over a mile under the engine bay. All the way to the drunks drive way. All they had to do was follow the trail of red grease and body parts.
Unfortunatly it was too late in the afternoon to catch the drunk, drunk. So she got off the charges.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-08-2002, 03:42 PM

I just bought a 750 Katana for a first bike , I hate the fact that I can't keep up with most of these ssBikes , but I know I would probably be in a hospital right now if I was on a faster lighter bike .

Next year I'm getting a Busa though
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-08-2002, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

Crazeecooter -

My AFSC 1C151.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-08-2002, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

Cooter-

Beale has to be 1000 times better than this dessert shithole.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-08-2002, 05:07 PM

Arrow A friend I think...

I have a neighbor that I regard pretty well. His main ambition in life is to own a Harley. . I offered to let him ride my ZX900 a couple months ago and he replied "your not goin kill me".

I ran too fast into a exit ramp yesterday and slid my way through it. A scary ass feeling for me.

I have always believed that some people have a latent death wish and will find a means to shorten their life.

Power can save or end your life on a Bike. Its really your choice.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-08-2002, 05:32 PM

Re: R1 for 1st bike story

Quote:
Originally posted by kvpZX9R
brand new, belonged to a friend of mine, racing on a narrow curvey road, only had 500 miles on it and was his first bike (not too smart), couldn't take the curve and tumbled 140ft into the woods, broke both femurs, both arms, both shoulders, all ribs, had spleen removed, coma for a week or two, amputed left foot halfway down from his shin, and has spinal problems, he'll be able to walk again but it was a close one. BE CAREFUL....

Not my story just saw it and thought I'd post a link to it and the pic of the bike. Now the newbies can see why everyone says to stay the hell away from the liter bikes for a 1st ride.

This is from http://www.sportbikes.dhs.org/index....cture_ID=28934
The term "wadded" comess to mind
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode