funny story? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-04-2002, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

insane sunday ride

Went for a Sunday ride with around 8 bikes total. One of these guys is sly10man(a real phsycho I must say). The ride started off by heading 50 miles south on some good roads to hooters for some grub. We then headed back on a different route. Were going up a long 4 lane mountain and me and sly10man are hanging at the back doing wheelies and stopies. The rest of the group had gotten out of sight. We start around a pretty sharp left hander when up ahead we see a state trooper with smoke rolling off his tires take off up the mountain. I had deduced that he must be after our group. Me and 10man know the roads like the back of our hands so I reach around and bend my tag up and 10man does the same. We do a short sprint of 150 and catch back up to the trooper. About a half a mile up we see our buddies just rounding a long right hand sweeper. I look down at the speedometer and were doing 135 right behind the trooper. I click down into 4th and wind it tight and pass the trooper(wish I had a donut to throw at him). I gap the trooper pretty good and look in my mirrors and see 10man trying to wheelie past him(guess he couldnt get the suz 750 up at that speed, but I would have to give him an A for the effort). We do around 150 and gap the trooper so much he finally gave up. We pull off on a side road and discussed what just happened with the rest of our buds. They said they were going around 90 when they met him and all they saw was him locking up his brakes--so they took off.10man said he was on the radio when he was beside him and was worried he was calling in a road block--got lucky I guess no more troopers were around. Everyone was cracking up when I told them about 10man trying to do a 130mph wheelie beside the trooper. 10man said "if only you could have seen his eyes". Well, maybe next Sunday will be a little less dramatic, I hope.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-04-2002, 12:54 PM

How bout an autograph Supersquid Unfortunately it will probably be that poor state trooper that has to scrape your sorry butt off the pavement. Then you'd really wish you would have had that donut as he'll likely just toss you in a ditch.
post #3 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-04-2002, 01:12 PM

I'm so proud to be a sport rider right now!

post #4 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-04-2002, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

I am just glad El green toe wasn't with us on that 600r kawasucky. He would have had to pull over and probably would have rated everyone else out. Yeah I know runing from the law is stupid but if it werent for guys doing this would we have anything exciting to talk about?
post #5 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-04-2002, 01:29 PM

Red face

Quote:
Originally posted by yamahaha
I am just glad El green toe wasn't with us on that 600r kawasucky. He would have had to pull over and probably would have rated everyone else out. Yeah I know runing from the law is stupid but if it werent for guys doing this would we have anything exciting to talk about?
Well as not to dissappoint you I think the ratings would have been along the line of dumb, whoa...even dumber, hang on....here comes Yamahaha......nah, I'm not going to trade insults at the sandbox with ya. However, if you think running from the law was the only stupid thing you did that day.....

As far as the lame attempt to belittle my ride....Perhaps one day I'll be as cool you
post #6 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-04-2002, 01:49 PM

hey yamahaha, I didnt know you posted this, so I did too, however i left out the part about me unsuccesfully trying to wheelie past the copper, but hey I tried. That was stupid on our part, but man was it fun! You were laying down some black marks coming out of every corner. SWEET! see ya Sunday.
post #7 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-04-2002, 01:52 PM

yamahaha was making it look easy, i was sorta having a time trying to leave the smokey, but i did
post #8 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-04-2002, 01:56 PM

the other idiot(yamahaha) was with me, he passed first- he is a fricking insane idiot, but I like him
post #9 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-04-2002, 02:11 PM
Founder

"Note to self"

Stay away from those damn crazy North Carolina boys!

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-04-2002, 02:18 PM

We should rename this thread. How about "why cops hate sportbike riders" or "stupid is as stupid does" ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode