Check this out about Eurobikes - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-03-2002, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs down Check this out about Eurobikes

Check this out - I read this on another forum! I certainly
will not purchase anything from these people!

My experience purchasing from eurobikes
I called eurobikes to find out about thier undertails. I had one on my old bike and was happy with it. I asked the sales person if the gp tail would pass VA inspection. He replied yes, they are right down the street and all thier people have them on their bikes.

3 days later I ordered the gp tail. After installed per their instructions by a local shop I went to pick the bike up. The tail lights were recessed back up into the tail so far that if a small truck were closer than 10' from the back they would not be able to see the lights. This concerned me. I stopped by an shell station to have an inspector look at it. He said he would have failed it if I actually was having it inspected. So I went to a mobil on the other side of town that I knew to be "lenient".(ie not really giving a shit.) He said the same thing.

It was late and most of the inspection places here close between 5 and 6 so I went home for the night. The next day I took it to a local bike shop that does inspections. They said that our state says you have to be able to see the tail light from 4 feet away at a 6 foot height. Again it would fail.

I called eurobikes that afternoon to explain my dilemma. I explained how the tail light is Impossible to see unless your right behind the bike at the same level and that no one would pass it. He said thats the way the tail was designed and he didnt know why they wouldnt pass it. I asked him what I should do. He says "Deal with it" and hung up.

I was really pissed. I called from work the next day and got someone else. As I was explaining my situation the guy interrupts me and says "Oh your that guy, why dont you just **** off?"

At this point Im more than pissed. I filed a customer service complaint with the BBB and ordered a Hotbodies undertail.

I got a call today from Manny, the owner of Eurobikes. Manny proceeded to tell me how much of a prick bastard I was and that I should come down there. How could a douche bag like me dare to make a complaint to the BBB? **** me and **** my family. If I was a man Id come down there and meet him face to face and see what happens. Hes going to write back to the BBB and tell them not to pay attention to pussy prick bastards that complain about stupid shit.

Needless to say this was the last order I will be making to eurobikes. If you feel you need one of thier products be sure to call 703-393-0972 or 703-393-0882 and ask for Manny, Im sure he would be more than happy to take your order

Last edited by Sbninja; 06-03-2002 at 05:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-03-2002, 05:15 PM

As you know a lot of Americnas & Cdns love the British m/c mags, because they are more then frank with their words. Some think it is a laugh at what some the Brit mag people say.
Now you got a taste of it in another way. Sorry that happened for I know there are a LOT of fine Brit m/c people, makers etc over there & have delt with them in past yrs. You simply ran into a prize arse hole that stomped on you as this stupid Yank & liked doing it for some Brits do NOT like Americans!!!!!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-03-2002, 05:25 PM Thread Starter

Sorry, maybe I should clarify a little.

I Read this on another forum, so this unfortunate circumstance, did not happen to me.

Also, Eurobikes, is a company in Vaginia, USA . You can purchase aftermarket items from them, over the internet and over the phone!

Ride Well
Ride Safe
Ride Smart

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-04-2002, 08:49 AM

Seems to be alot of that kind of thing. I've heard complaints about a few of the aftermarket warehouses, and even a few of the local shops in my area have such a bad reputation that I'm afraid to actually take my bike there. Real customer service seems to be a thing of the past in many places. For that matter I've even been cussed out by a teenager at McDonalds for daring to expect my food to be served in a timely manner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode