R1 ride video...don't pass the cops doing 170 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-01-2002, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

R1 ride video...don't pass the cops doing 170

This was sent to me by a coworker. He rides a '02 R1, and the video was taken last Saturday on Pellissippi parkway in Knoxville, TN.

I edited it for size to show just the pertinent segment. Notice the flashing headlights of the oncoming bike trying to warn our hero off. The cruiser sitting on the median is an Alcoa PD car, from what I could make out of the paint job. Watch the speedo, indicated speed as he goes by Johnny Law is 168mph.

No, the cruiser did not follow him. Lucky bastard.

Obligatory disclaimer: of course I don't condone breaking the law in such a dashing fashion.

http://216.227.40.145/files/pellissippi.wmv

For those of you with broadband connections, the full-length video is three times as long and includes a 180mph run on the same stretch of road, minus law enforcement encounter.

http://216.227.40.145/files/pellissippi2.wmv

Last edited by lendringser; 06-01-2002 at 10:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-01-2002, 05:51 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
Well when i checked those links, 10pm est, they were both broken.

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-01-2002, 06:24 PM

I was able to see the videos, very scary! Fun to watch though. I'll give him credit for that. This guy is an irresponsible nutcase. Perhaps the reason the cruiser didnt follow is they often leave cruisers empty with a dummy inside to deter people from speeding in the southeastern states. Dont know about the rest of the country but I drive through there a few times a year and I see that every time. Thanks for posting the video.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-01-2002, 06:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
I keep getting this message.

"Cannot open. Please verify that the path and filename are correct and try again."

Damnit i wanna see the nutcase too

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-01-2002, 06:50 PM

Thumbs down Who's zoomin' who?

Quote:
Originally posted by lendringser
This was sent to me by a coworker. He rides a '02 R1, and the video was taken last Saturday on Pellissippi parkway in Knoxville, TN.
Methinks somebody is yanking somebody's chain. Not that this stuff makes much difference to me, but the dash on that bike looks like a GSXR, not an R1.
AFA being recorded last Saturday, I downloaded this video from bikemovies.com 'bout 8 months ago.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-01-2002, 07:05 PM

if you regularily check out the videos at www.sportbikes.dhs.org then you will have seen this clip a bunch before. It is pretty much a standard to be added in videos that guys make with Adobe or whatever. The dude's riding on a GSXR1000 blows by cop.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-01-2002, 07:40 PM

'bout dummies in cop cars

I was once headed from south florida to Tally and on the way traffic came to a complete stop three times. After sitting on 75 for 30 minutes i finally get to the "incident" that was causing this jam.....one of the cop cars with a Safe-T guy in the seat. As soon as we passed it traffic picked right back up, yet, as i mentioned, this happened 2 more times on 75, both for the same reason.....so, which cars are the dummies really in???
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2002, 03:49 AM

In my experience the cruisers with dummies in them are usually placed in a prominent location where they can be easily seen, and not necessarily (? spellun ? ) in the best location to intercept speeders. All the ones Ive seen have light colored blank faces, but by the time you are close enough to see that its too late if you were actually speeding. I've also noticed that they usually have a counterpart to it for the lanes going the other way that you will see a few miles down the road. Too bad if you cant see the video, keep trying. It worked for me.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-03-2002, 02:06 PM

if you right click and "save as" the links work just fine.

Mike
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-03-2002, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kvpZX9R
if you regularily check out the videos at www.sportbikes.dhs.org then you will have seen this clip a bunch before. It is pretty much a standard to be added in videos that guys make with Adobe or whatever. The dude's riding on a GSXR1000 blows by cop.
This is true. I saw this at www.bikemovies.com about 3 months ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode