And thus my theory, that COPS SUCK... need advice..sorry so long - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-29-2002, 07:31 AM Thread Starter

Angry And thus my theory, that COPS SUCK... need advice..sorry so long

Ok, heres my story... Last sat. i was coming to work and decided to stop at advance to get a part for my car... well when i was pulling out i look at my watch and noticed that i was going to be late...when i take a right, it is a bridge that is going down hill to a stop light (aprox. 1500 ft)...Well, i pull out and kinda goose it, not speeding, just accelerating rapidly, b/c im in a hurry... I dont speed anymore b/c of my driving record...(5 speeding tickets, w/in 7 yrs..) Anyways, as i accelerated threw 1st gear (granted its a '01 929 RR), the front wheel came off the ground about a foot, but as i shifted into second it came back down... First off i wasnt trying to wheely b/c i wouldnt be able to set it down in time when i came over the hill, if there was something there. Second im not trying to kill myself in traffic... well, needless to say, as I passed under the stop light a cop pulled me over.. I pulled over in a cvs parkinglot (right in front of a pay phone)...
Cop: liscence and registration please..
Me: can i ask what i was doing?
Cop: i saw you ride a wheelie when you pulled out.
Me: sir, with all do respect, i wasnt trying to do a wheelie, i'm in a hurry to get to work, and was accelerating hard, not trying to pull it off the ground..
Cop: i watched up come off the ground
Me: ok (i wasnt going to argue and make the situation worse. i looked for the registration and couldnt find it at the time..) sir i dont have the registration i dont think...
Cop: im going to write you a ticket for that too..
Me: (pretty pissed by now) you do what you need to do..
As the cop was walking to his car, he turned around and asked me for my county decal..i pulled it out from under the seat and showed it to him...
Cop: why isnt it on your bike?
Me:b/c if need be i can just pull it out, that way anyone that needs to see it, can, instead of bending all over the place to read the numbers off of it on one of the forks..
Cop: if its not on you bike before i get done writing these two tickets, i'll write another one for failure to display the sticker.
Well, i was really pissed now, so i just peeled the corner of the sticker back a bit, and stuck it to the side of the tank..While i was looking around under the seat i find the registration, and give it to the cop.... he then is even more pissed b/c he had to void that ticket and then fill out a form saying why he voided it.. HE HE...
Well... I ended up getting a "reckless driving" charge, which is bullshit, and have my arraignment fri. to see if i get locked up... which is also bullshit...if i was going to ride a wheelie, first off i would freaking have the bike inverted instead of a foot off the ground, and also i would do it w/ no traffic and not down a freakin hill......I hate cops... what should i do, or say, ive never got this serious of charge.. and i think it is all bogus...will i get a chance to explain myself fri., or will i have to wait till my court date.. and what should i tell them, i cant afford to have this crap on my record nor get locked up... this is such bull shit.. .i also had 2 other friends get pulled over for piddely stuff, like a third brake light out, and taking the doors off of his wrangler.. sorry so long..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-29-2002, 07:52 AM

I would try to argue the fact how the hell can he see you do a wheelie from 1500ft away. What is consider a wheelie? You might even go back to the site and take some pictures. Park your bike near the driveway and take pictures from the stop light. Sorry to hear about your situation, some cops can be a$$ holes especially highway patrol
post #3 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-29-2002, 08:04 AM Thread Starter

The stoplight was about 1500 ft away down a hill.. .i got no idea where the piggy was hiding...

post #4 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-29-2002, 08:16 AM

It can be expensive but a lawyer may be a good idea for this one. Especialy if jail time is involved.
post #5 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-29-2002, 10:38 AM

Definitely go talk to a attorney. the stinking pigs. They should just sit in their cars sucking down doughnuts and be happy that they rape the taxpayers for a free paycheck. Man cops suck!!!!!!!! Hope things turn out ok for ya.
post #6 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-29-2002, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

do i need one for the arraignment?
post #7 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-29-2002, 10:44 AM

I'm no cop fan. Dunno any cops personally. But I'm sure this one character that pulled over tripod doesnt represent the donut shop.

If someone was breaking in to my home 9-1-1 is the first thing in my mind. And for some reason the pigs show up and scare the bad people away. And I am sure I am not the only one who thinks of 9-1-1 when I need help.
post #8 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-29-2002, 11:05 AM
Founder

Let's not forget not all cops are assholes. (IMHO)

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-29-2002, 11:13 AM

I don't know anything about your State, but in MO and KS I just get a lawyer and pay double the fine of the ticket + lawyer fees. Then the ticket just seems to disappear. It is not cheap but it is better than your insurance rates going up.

Here is a link that says what each state calls "reckless".

http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/laws.html

Last edited by sjn2560; 05-29-2002 at 11:21 AM.
post #10 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-29-2002, 11:53 AM

POLICE

First of all: I am not a police oficer, But some of the comments made here are really disturbing. To the people speaking so poorly about law enforcement, If you truly hate the police as bad as your words lead me to believe, if you ever need the help of the police,for example... victim of a crime, injured yourself riding, etc. make sure to use the terrible names like donut eaters for example before the officer bends down to stop your bleeding, or begins to search for your stolen motorcycle. I do not know of any other job that involves the chance of being shot at that pays as poorly as law enforcement, give them a break, and most of all give them the respect that they DESERVE!

Joe Fenech
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode