Starting to go nuts! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Starting to go nuts!

Just stopped by the dealership to find out whether or not bike is totaled and it will be another week before they can get to it.They are really swamped with jet-skis.Looks like I may not be riding for a while.If it is totaled I will buy a suzuki gsxr 600 or 750but not until I buy a house with a garage! We are looking now and the bike will come later(hopefully this year).house first, bike later.Alot of my neighbors have gotten bikes recently ...it's driving me nuts,just wish I could ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 02:04 PM
Founder

I feel your pain bro, I was without a bike for only 4 months once and I thought I was gonna shoot someone.

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 02:12 PM Thread Starter

just thought of something.. this makes for a really good case for having 2 bikes.Never know when you'll need a backup!!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 06:19 PM

You are so right blackcaw & I have been like that most of my riding yrs. A back-up bike to even some others. Main thing is that at least two are good for riding, but when in comp I often went to the course hauling along a back-up iron for said event as one often dumped the bike in a dirt event or had trouble with it & so other to the other. ALWAYS two bikes in running order for the road.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by blackkaw
just thought of something.. this makes for a really good case for having 2 bikes.Never know when you'll need a backup!!
If you sell that idea to your wife let me know how you did it. I've been wanting to get a 2nd bike for awhile. Hope you get everything sorted out & get back on two wheels again soon. It's frustrating watching bikes go by the house & not be riding. It's what really got me going two years ago when I picked up my R6. There were @ least 3 other guys in the neighborhood that rode by my place everyday. A couple of weeks of that & I couldn't take it anymore.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 10:46 PM

Quote:
If you sell that idea to your wife let me know how you did it. I've been wanting to get a 2nd bike for awhile.
Me too! The wife said in order for me to get another my 2000 Z28 has to go. So there's a for sale sign in the window. Anyone interested? Only has 14,000 miles on it. But I'd rather keep it and get another bike.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-29-2002, 08:42 AM

I like the two bike idea, I've been drooling over the new zx9r for awhile. Unfortunately, my wife thinks I need to pay off my truck AND sell my current ride to get it. That dosen't seem like what I had in mind!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-29-2002, 01:45 PM

Look around for a 'used' bike that is in good condition--

---possibly not as much umph then your present iron. In that way you can sell it onto the wife that the less powerfull bike & being at such a good price, will be ideal for short runs.
It could be a 500 in a more upright form of riding & is ideal for such short runs & with marks on it of possibly the can, the fuel tank & such it is NOT as attractive to those that want to steal SO it becomes the more ideal bike to leave parked for a while. Sure you know the new goods you put into the bike, but not the twit wanting to steal a new or attractive iron.
You can even drop your cost of insurance, but simply having lability on it, or liability, fire & thieft & stay away from collision costs of insurance.
The 2nd bike is usually the less powerful. older & less attractive bike --- it is the one that can still get you around & stand the crap on the road, etc
My '97 YZF600r is a bit to good, but it does take the place of the 2nd bike to the Honda 929 & for a while it was my '87 TZR-250 that played 2nd fuddle to the 600.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-29-2002, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

Ithink it is how you word it

I really think how we word our" PROPOSAL" is what counts. Like the day I wrecked the zx9 .Luckily I could ride it home and called her at work. I did'nt just blurt out"hey I wrecked the bike" letting her imaginatin run wild but casually told her my arm is scratched up and my left foot is kinda sore.'Oh, you must have got hurt at work huh?"No. not exactly just a little MISHAP with the bike but no one else was involved and I'll be alright.She was cool about it.Had I not thought about how and what or what not to say It would have went different.and could have made even having one bike more difficult.After we buy a house I'll get a 600 maybe 750 cause INSurance will go up but bike will cost less.since I usually ride alone I wont need a liter bike. but will miss the passing power the nine had on the street.Back on topic-one bike will have to be a beater: older /used. the other could be used/or new but in very good shape. like older f2and newer gsxr750.have to see how it goes. at least this time I'll have a garage for them!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode